JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Bending over (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2675532-bending-over.html)

FairyDustMom August 29th, 2013 04:40 PM

Bending over

Life with a toddler really has me finger out creative ways to stop myself from bending over...
When my DH is home I get him to do all that stuff..picking up stuff from the floor etc..
But now i actually feel pain when I try to pick anything up so i end up using my toes/foot to pick up clothes from the floor.. or asking my toddler to do it..have her put on her shoes, pull up her own pants after potty etc
Do any moms have any other strategies?

ducksaresnazzy August 29th, 2013 04:46 PM

Re: Bending over

i bend with my knees to pick stuff up. if i have to put my shoes or socks on, i sit down and bring my foot into my lap (i can only hold that pose for a few seconds, so i literally put the shoe on, break, pull it to my heel, break, push it on).

LABs August 29th, 2013 08:02 PM

Try going down on one knee. I ask the kids for help too. Squatting works if its somewhere with support like the drier. If I can't get help, I've resorted to crawling around on all fours. Did that last night after the kids had been sent to bed.

I need to potty train my youngest, but its so hard to move that I'm not doing it.

FairyDustMom August 29th, 2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LABs (Post 27620865)
Try going down on one knee. I ask the kids for help too. Squatting works if its somewhere with support like the drier. If I can't get help, I've resorted to crawling around on all fours. Did that last night after the kids had been sent to bed.

I need to potty train my youngest, but its so hard to move that I'm not doing it.

Lol..have to try crawling on all fours! I wonder if I can get away with this at work!

Books_kids August 29th, 2013 08:39 PM

Step on rim of empty laundry basket to flip it up to your hands.

I've tried to be really conscious about putting anything on the floor.

meritaten August 30th, 2013 07:20 AM

I make my almost 4 y/o get stuff even though I can still bend down LOL. She really enjoys "helping"

I carry really small, so small you STILL can't tell I'm pregnant. I just feel awkward but not very big.

shana1979 August 30th, 2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meritaten (Post 27621407)
I make my almost 4 y/o get stuff even though I can still bend down LOL. She really enjoys "helping"

I carry really small, so small you STILL can't tell I'm pregnant. I just feel awkward but not very big.

I'm doing the same with my kids and students but I can still bend too. I'm really surprised at how small I am with twins. I thought I would be huge by now. I just look fat.

MakeupMommy3 August 30th, 2013 07:45 AM

I can still bend too, I think it was because I was already on the bigger side also. Dr. said it helps that I'm 5'10" also because baby has more room to grow up and down vs out. Even though I can still bend, Its really not all that comfortable so most times, I make the kids do it or use my feet lol!

meritaten August 30th, 2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shana1979 (Post 27621436)
I'm doing the same with my kids and students but I can still bend too. I'm really surprised at how small I am with twins. I thought I would be huge by now. I just look fat.

Me too - just look like I ate too much (only no twins for me!). Work knows I'm pregnant but I haven't even told any of my research patients. LOL.

newmommytake3 August 30th, 2013 10:08 AM

I definately avoid bending over. DH usually picks up toys off the floor in the evening thankfully.

DownNotOut August 30th, 2013 12:34 PM

I have about 10 bend overs allotted to me in a day. If I do more than that, I hurt like crazy! Bending at the knees is definitely better, but doesn't 100% solve the issue!

My brother has bad back issues and it's funny when the two of us are together. One of his kids will drop something and we'll both look at it, look at each other and then shrug and ignore whatever got dropped. Not our personalities at all, but just can't bend over! We're quite the team together!

I have about 10 bend overs allotted to me in a day. If I do more than that, I hurt like crazy! Bending at the knees is definitely better, but doesn't 100% solve the issue!

My brother has bad back issues and it's funny when the two of us are together. One of his kids will drop something and we'll both look at it, look at each other and then shrug and ignore whatever got dropped. Not our personalities at all, but just can't bend over! We're quite the team together!