JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hospital Visit (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2675570-hospital-visit.html)

FairyDustMom August 29th, 2013 08:25 PM

Hospital Visit

I am excited that my hospital has a newly build Labour and Delivery ward.
I went to check it out with my husband as we were doing my GD test.
It has a separate waiting area all glass and the reception is at the front .
You cannot see any patients/nurses or doctors as it is all closed off unless you are admitted. Last time I remember they wheeled me in through the main hallway and had people look so am glad it is more private.
Also the postpartum rooms are like small hotel rooms with huge washroom and tv, a sofa bed for my DH to catch a nap.

Now if only my labor can feel like a vacation!

LABs August 29th, 2013 08:28 PM

Re: Hospital Visit

Sounds great!!! I like having a closed off maternity ward.

MakeupMommy3 August 30th, 2013 07:04 AM

I'm going to a new hospital this time and from what I've read, their "Lullaby Maternity Ward" is top rated. I'm anxious for my tour on the 14th...

jadeunicorn August 30th, 2013 07:11 AM

Glad you liked the hospital set-up!

We did a tour a couple weeks ago. Our hospital has it so you need to be admitted as well (locked doors). The triage, labor, and pp rooms are all private. Sofa bed for us too! Perfect for hubbie and 5-year-old to spend the night. :smile:

I think there might only be a shower in the bathroom, but it was a pretty big one (the pp rooms were renovated rather recently so it's all shiny and new looking), but I will likely only want a shower after the birth! They have tubs in the birthing suites, though, so I'll be able to labor in one (no water birth allowed for me since I'm doing a VBAC - boo - my doctor said boo to that as well, as it's hospital policy not hers).

Overall a nice set-up, even if I'd rather be at the the birth center - lol.

Nicole B August 30th, 2013 07:25 AM

Awesome!

ducksaresnazzy August 30th, 2013 07:30 AM

i haven't toured my hospital yet (i've actually never even been to it) but i do know that you aren't allowed on the floor unless you are a patient or on a list premade by the patient. there are visiting hours for family and friends (we'll have to sneak in my little sister because she's 11, you have to be 13 or older) but Nate can visit us 24/7 as long as he doesn't sleep there.

MakeupMommy3 August 30th, 2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy (Post 27621425)
i haven't toured my hospital yet (i've actually never even been to it) but i do know that you aren't allowed on the floor unless you are a patient or on a list premade by the patient. there are visiting hours for family and friends (we'll have to sneak in my little sister because she's 11, you have to be 13 or older) but Nate can visit us 24/7 as long as he doesn't sleep there.

I'm surprised they won't let Nate sleep there. Most labor and delivery wards will allow dad to stay too. That's strange..

ducksaresnazzy August 30th, 2013 08:44 AM

i'm going to ask, but hopefully i'm in and out quickly and it won't be too big a deal. since he's getting the week after delivery off, he could potentially spend all his time at the hospital with us, and that's kind of how i want it.. i hate being the kind of girl "you have to stay with me, you can't leave me" but after popping out his kid, i'm entitled to be selfish with his time for a few days.

FairyDustMom August 30th, 2013 10:01 AM

lol... my husband is not allowed to leave my sight without my permission unless its to work, get me food or potty break ;).. :P I feel so evil :D

MakeupMommy3 August 30th, 2013 10:50 AM

lol!!! Fairy...my sentiments exactly!!! Bwahahahahaah

~Kris~ August 30th, 2013 08:26 PM

Glad you liked it! Ours is also fully locked down. With the last 2 kiddos I sent hubby home at night to get a good night's sleep on a real bed and to help with the boys.