JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   No bacterial growth... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2675611-no-bacterial-growth.html)

hotpinkheels August 30th, 2013 07:07 AM

No bacterial growth...

In my urine at 48 hours... So does that mean I didn't even HAVE a uti!? Someone please tell me it does. I better have one at this point.

meritaten August 30th, 2013 08:19 AM

Re: No bacterial growth...

Probably not :( Sorry.

I haven't gotten my results back yet and I'm scared of what it will say!

jadeunicorn August 30th, 2013 08:24 AM

I'm guessing you simply looked the results up online and haven't talked to a nurse or your midwife?

Best thing to do is talk to one of them and ask.

It's great that technology helps us out and some of us can see our test results right away, but since we can't always interpret those results, it can be more of a curse than a boon!

hotpinkheels August 30th, 2013 08:45 AM

I have a call in to the dr. So in hoping they can help. Thanks all.

meritaten August 30th, 2013 08:58 AM

What about the wet prep? BV can feel like a yeast infection or UTI. When you pee the urine goes over irritated areas and can feel like burning. And discomfort anywhere in your genitourinary tract can feel generalized.

hotpinkheels August 30th, 2013 09:09 AM

Dr called. Wet prep showed no bv, trich, or yeast. They still want me to take my antibiotic because SOMETHING is going on. The urine sample showed that even though culture didnt. But I only need to do a 5 day course instead of 7. So that makes me feel better but then I second guess because I always hear you are supposed to always finish your antibiotics. Whatever :P

meritaten August 30th, 2013 09:19 AM

They only gave me 3 days worth, I finished this morning. I've never had less than 7 days worth before when I have a UTI. Makes me nervous!

hotpinkheels August 30th, 2013 09:25 AM

What were you on and what dose?

meritaten August 30th, 2013 09:38 AM

Bactrim 800-160 - it's 2 antibiotics (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) in one pill. I've taken it before but never less than 7-10 days. I've take just about everything before. When I was little I even had to take antibiotics every day for over a year because I was constantly getting infected.

Do you feel any better at all? Typically UTI/infection response is - 24 hours you feel slight relief and at 3 days you feel full relief.

hotpinkheels August 30th, 2013 09:53 AM

My back is still a little sore today but I don't know if that's cause I was so out of whack at my adjustment or what. I had horrific stomach cramps last night that woke me up.

I still seem to have a lot if the itching feeling. It FEELS like a yeast infection. I am stumped.

I know what you mean I hate takin an antibiotic but if I do it better get rid if whatever its supposed to. I don't want to take it longer than I have to but long enough to be effective!!!!!

Was your Bactrim for uti? Sorry you might have said I can't look back on my forum runner app while typing.

meritaten August 30th, 2013 09:58 AM

Yeah, they thought it was a UTI or a bladder infection. I had lower abdominal pain and lower back pain and felt pain when I tinkled. I feel just fine now, so I'm thankful. But those antibiotics make my stomach even more upset than it normally is.

Hopefully you feel all better soon.

meritaten August 30th, 2013 12:30 PM

Well mine came back contaminated, probably because the lab gave me the worlds tiniest wipe. LOL.

The nurse says they count that as negative. So I guess my pain clearing up was just a total coincidence? Yeah, right...