JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Update on my 2 appts yesterday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2685067-update-my-2-appts-yesterday.html)

shana1979 October 11th, 2013 07:45 AM

Update on my 2 appts yesterday

OB appt:
  • The nurse had no trouble finding both Peyton & William.
  • Protein in urine moved from a +1 to a +2-- boo!. :smackshead:
  • I still haven't passed my pre-pregnancy weight--yay!.:bop:
  • The legs have been swelling, even my left foot got in on the action.:glare:
  • Dr spoke about trying to get to 34 weeks, which scared me a bit because that's just next weekend and it sounds like there's a possibility for an emergency before that.:sweat:
  • Had to do blood work to see how much of an emergency we're talking about (fingers crossed it comes back good.)
  • The blood work left me lightheaded.
  • Next appt is Monday (yep, I do 2 a week).

Ultrasound appt:
  • Babies looked great.:cheer::bluecheer:
  • Each had a heart rate of 152.
  • Each weighed approximately 4lbs4oz, which is on average with singletons (go, Minis!):clap:
  • The fluid level for each was great.
  • Both are head down.
  • Peyton has asserted her dominance over William; her head is on top of his.
  • Apparently, Peyton's head is also really low and the tech asked if I feel that when I walk (I feel nothing-- thankfully).
  • Peyton refused to show her face on the 3D/4D ultrasound; she put both of her hands in front of her face and refused to move them throughout the whole time.
  • I got to see each baby practice breathing which was pretty cool (that WAS william with the hiccups earlier this week).
  • Tech said they both are measuring a little ahead (she was looking at the femurs) and said they'll probably be tall.
  • Peyton had just a tuft of hair; I've never had a bald baby before so why my girl?
  • The Minis' father came to this appointment so he got to see them.

meritaten October 11th, 2013 08:09 AM

Re: Update on my 2 appts yesterday

Sounds like a good appointment except for that extra protein!

Even if they do come next weekend 34 weeks is really great! And they sound like they're already getting pretty big :)

Classy October 11th, 2013 08:18 AM

Sounds like all is going well, aside from the swelling & protein! Hopefully it holds and you can keep them baking as long as possible! Hang in there! Ill be thinking of you and your Minis!!

~Kris~ October 11th, 2013 08:51 AM

With the swelling and protein, just make sure if you feel off at all or your vision gets goofy that you get to L&D right away, mama!!!

Sounds like they are growing fabulously and you'll totally be shrinking once they are born! ;)

FairyDustMom October 11th, 2013 08:57 AM

I like how Peyton is so low ready to be the first one to come out ;)
Great to hear they are growing so well.
Yey for a good appointment (other than protein and swelling )

shana1979 October 11th, 2013 09:09 AM

yeah but she's not going out through that door. i won't tell her that though. ;)

LABs October 11th, 2013 09:21 AM

I hope you get to keep them in!

AmyKC12 October 11th, 2013 09:24 AM

Im sorry about the protein and the swelling but the rest of the appt. sounds great!!! Keep on cooking those babies!

As far as 34 weeks....that is good for twins right? Obviously you want them to cook for as long as possible but twins often deliver early right? I could be totally wrong....

MakeupMommy3 October 11th, 2013 09:25 AM

At 4lbs sounds like they are trying to ready themselves to make their debut early. Kudos for a great appointment besides the protein and the swelling.

polarbearmama October 11th, 2013 09:25 AM

Hope your bloodwork comes back good and you can keep babies in for a little bit longer!! :)

jadeunicorn October 11th, 2013 09:28 AM

I hope your bloodwork looks good! Sorry you're dealing with all the swelling and protein in your urine.

I hope the Minis can make it to 34 weeks and beyond! *fingers crossed*

Glad you had a fun ultrasound at least. :smile:

shana1979 October 11th, 2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyKC12 (Post 27719933)
Im sorry about the protein and the swelling but the rest of the appt. sounds great!!! Keep on cooking those babies!

As far as 34 weeks....that is good for twins right? Obviously you want them to cook for as long as possible but twins often deliver early right? I could be totally wrong....

60% of twins get to 36 weeks. that is the ultimate goal for the dr but it doesn't sound like i'm going to make it there.

BlessednHighlyFavored October 11th, 2013 09:49 AM

other than the protein sonds like a wonderful appointment