JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   US this morning! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2687585-us-morning.html)

chelseamb October 22nd, 2013 02:54 PM

US this morning!

So the tech was an awful woman! She was very medical, had me lay on my back in a tiny room squeezed gel all over me and started. I laued there for an hour while she did her thing and not once did she tell me a **** thing!
She said she had to look at my cervix, I asked how it was and she said "oh we aren't trained to be able to tell that...." Finally I had enough and asked to speak with the dr who looked over everything when she was done.

He said the fluid looks good and where it should be for this time, so that's good . They didn't tell me if baby was low, if my cervix is still long... Nothing...
Also, I didn't get to see her. There were no screens for me to watch, nothing...the tech came in after and said "oh ... Did you wanna see her?" After I was all clean. I was crying so I just said no I just want to go please

So I left knowing my fluid is ok according to him and her heart rate is 143(not told to me but I read it on the report) and that's all I know. She's estimated now around 10 lbs so just need to see my OB now on Thursday and find out if he is going to induce or let me go yet another week.

BlessednHighlyFavored October 22nd, 2013 03:41 PM

Re: US this morning!

sorry for your bad appointment mama

Popoki October 22nd, 2013 03:43 PM

What is up with these doctors and techs being so uncouth about everything?? I'm so sorry you had a bad appointment. :(

LABs October 22nd, 2013 05:59 PM

I'm so sorry! Sounds even worse then my u\s tech! At least I get to see what's going on and remind her when she's forgotten a measurement for the other baby.

jadeunicorn October 22nd, 2013 06:21 PM

Sorry about the tech.

But I'm glad to hear your fluid looks good - one less worry!

The Aubrey October 22nd, 2013 06:25 PM

This is exactly how the techs that do my ultrasounds are. It's annoying! Sorry, mama.

~Kris~ October 22nd, 2013 06:48 PM

I'm sorry!

AmyKC12 October 22nd, 2013 07:36 PM

That sucks Chelsea! Im sorry! Hopefully they can tell you more information on Thursday at your OB appointment!

chelseamb October 22nd, 2013 09:32 PM

Considering this is the 9 or 10th US we have had and only two have been bad it's been pretty good odds lol but yeah still stupid. Sometimes people with no bedside manner pick the worst jobs for them! But I am very happy the fluid looks good. I'm sure my dr will be happy to know I'm not flooding from the inside out!:)

meritaten October 23rd, 2013 07:50 AM

It seems like u/s techs are like that :\ You'd think they'd be more caring!!!

CutlassDiva October 23rd, 2013 08:16 AM

Sorry you had such a crappy experience :( hopefully you get some good answers tomorrow