JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   tmi: leakage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2687618-tmi-leakage.html)

ducksaresnazzy October 22nd, 2013 05:21 PM

tmi: leakage

so.. if you're leaking down there.. and it's not, uh, urine.. what the heck is it????

LABs October 22nd, 2013 05:35 PM

Re: tmi: leakage

If you are leaking, head to L&D! Your amniotic sack can get a small hole so its more of leaking vs a gush. They can take a swab and tell you what is going on. If it is amniotic fluid, then they will keep you. Take your bag with you! Are you having contractions?

ducksaresnazzy October 22nd, 2013 05:40 PM

no, just a crampy feeling over my hips, more on the sides than in the front/ back. i get this all the time though so i thought it was unrelated?

LABs October 22nd, 2013 05:53 PM

Contractions are different for everyone. With the leaking go in and get checked out! You might be having a baby sooner then planned or it could be something else. It is possible for them not to know, but most likely its an amniotic fluid leak.

ducksaresnazzy October 22nd, 2013 06:54 PM

i put in a pad right after i posted this, and so far i think it stopped.. i checked it about a half hour ago, no smell or any more discharge that i saw, but i'm gonna keep it on until i go to bed just to make sure.

LABs October 22nd, 2013 07:28 PM

You really need to go in! You can risk infection to your baby. A small leak can come and go.

AmyKC12 October 22nd, 2013 07:31 PM

I'm a FTM too so I got nothing for ya. Not sure what it is. But I hope you get it figured out and little Eve gets to bake a little while longer!!

FairyDustMom October 22nd, 2013 10:05 PM

Is it leaking or just discharge. There is an increase of discharge in third trimester.

HorseGal October 22nd, 2013 11:10 PM

What does it look like? Discharge, from my experience, is slightly white. Mine can be pretty heavy sometimes especially if I'm having ctx's.

ducksaresnazzy October 23rd, 2013 12:52 AM

it was just a thin clear liquid.. I had the pad in for almost 3 hours and it didnt happen again so im assuming it was a false alarm :/

meritaten October 23rd, 2013 07:22 AM

I have leakage of all kinds of grossness all the time but it's not amniotic fluid. Sometimes it is actually pee anyway that I somehow couldn't keep in and sometimes it's leukorhea - vaginal discharge that is completely normal. My is clear or light yellow and has been the whole time.

You might just ask to be seen by the OB at clinic though :)

newmommytake3 October 23rd, 2013 08:10 AM

I went in w/ my last 10 days early thinking I could have a leak of amniotic fluid and it turns out it was. They sent me straight to L&D. I think you should call your OB today and get a pelvic exam.