JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   worried about c/s (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2687678-worried-about-c-s.html)

BlessednHighlyFavored October 22nd, 2013 10:03 PM

worried about c/s

I can't eat for at least 12 hours and I just thought about when I skip meals I get low sugars even without taking my meds.Now I am worried about that.So many worries and I have extra days to worry now....... oy

chelseamb October 22nd, 2013 10:08 PM

Re: worried about c/s

I sure they plan for that though. They will probably have something they are giving you through IV to help regulate your sugars during the CS. My dr told me they will be taking my sugar levels throughout my labour to make sure I don't dip or spike and will work with me accordingly:)

BlessednHighlyFavored October 22nd, 2013 10:28 PM

yeah I'm just a worrier.It gets nerve wrecking because I am a planner.I almost called my nurse at midnight to talk about this concern lol i need to take my but back to bed lol

LABs October 23rd, 2013 01:01 AM

I'm worried too. Just the unknown and the recovery. Hugs mama!

Txmom4 October 23rd, 2013 04:09 AM

I haven't thought of this but I'm sure they will have something for you, sugar water in your iv or something lol. Maybe that's why babies with diabetic moms come out with low blood sugar sometimes, because the moms is low? I would for sure wake up and have a snack at midnight. If your surgery is later than 8am, as when exactly is the last time you could have food, because when I had Weston my surgery was not until 4pm and the scheduler told me at first I couldn't eat past midnight and I told her i would die and I HAD to eat. They asked the dr and I was allowed to eat until 8am. Just needed 8 hours empty.

jadeunicorn October 23rd, 2013 05:31 AM

Sorry you're so worried.

I'm worried too for during labor, and I keep forgetting to ask my OB about what they will do about my sugars during labor!

I'm smuggling in snacks (peanuts and granola bars mostly) BUT if this labor is anything like last time, once I'm in active labor I will be throwing up until I'm at the pushing stage.

Hopefully everything will work out fine for you. Try not to worry about it until the day of. Or tell your doctor your worries about getting low so maybe you can have some reassurance.

BlessednHighlyFavored October 23rd, 2013 05:52 AM

she said no eat food I have to confirm that includes ice.Trying to stay relax though.

PolicemansCowgirl October 23rd, 2013 05:56 AM

Sorry your having worries. I'm sure they have a plan for you...I'm sending good relaxing thoughts your way :)