JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pp healing and care and stuff!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2691867-pp-healing-and-care-and-stuff.html)

chelseamb November 12th, 2013 10:13 AM

Pp healing and care and stuff!!!

So... May be tmi

So I was warned to keep my eyes open for bleeding and hemmoraging because of my stretched uterus. Luckily 2 weeks pp and my bleeding is almost done.

I do occasionally have some small clots but the bleeding is no longer red it's the brownish stuff(so sorry ladies!)
My stitches are gone and I, able to wipe now with tp:)
Now here comes questions!

When can I skip the pad and start tampons?

Cause I really hate wearing a "diaper"

BlessednHighlyFavored November 12th, 2013 10:36 AM

Re: Pp healing and care and stuff!!!

my dr. told me nothing inside for 6 weeks

JulieMc November 12th, 2013 11:33 AM

You can wear tampons when you have your first real period after baby, which won't come right away. You can't wear them for postpartum bleeding.

ducksaresnazzy November 12th, 2013 11:51 AM

how can you tell pp bleeding from period bleeding...? is this a dumb question?

~Kris~ November 12th, 2013 12:14 PM

I have always heard to only use pads for pp bleeding, then if you are an unlucky one who gets AF back quickly, you should still have a few weeks between pp bleeding and when AF returns.

LABs November 12th, 2013 01:12 PM

I thought I would be able to use my diva cup with having a c/s, but nothing internal for 6 weeks!

chelseamb November 12th, 2013 02:58 PM

Ok good to know!:) my pp bleeding seems to be coming to a close (fx!!!)

JulieMc November 13th, 2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducksaresnazzy (Post 27793611)
how can you tell pp bleeding from period bleeding...? is this a dumb question?

It's not considered a period unless your PP bleeding has completely stopped for awhile first. Plus, PP bleeding, called lochia, goes through stages (more info here: Lochia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and is different than a period.

I'd also like to note not expect your bleeding to stop within a week or two either. I'm one of the unfortunate ones where it always seems to last about 6-8 weeks. UGH. Not looking forward to that again. If yours does stop quickly though, consider yourself lucky!! And use protection if you don't want to get knocked up again right away, otherwise you could end up like my sister with babies born 10 months apart. lol.