JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter Nursery (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/1156465-peter-rabbit-beatrix-potter-nursery.html)

dzdigits July 18th, 2008 07:12 AM

Anyone else doing a Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter themed nursery? I don't even need to be purchasing nursery/baby stuff yet, really, but I've been an e-baying fool since this stuff is difficult to find in the US but England and Australia (?) seem to have more of this stuff than they can handle! lol

*~Ginny~* July 18th, 2008 07:17 AM

Aw, I love that theme. My little brother had that when he was young...cute!

dzdigits July 18th, 2008 07:22 AM

lol That's so cute about your brother! I always get a kick out of hearing that others did it too. I grew up with my grandmother (deceased) reading me all the Beatrix Potter stories and just love Peter Rabbit so much.

This website does murals for your walls and they have Peter Rabbit/ Beatrix Potter themes. I'm definitely using them!

Murals Your Way website- click here

OpheliaLoved July 20th, 2008 10:38 AM

My oldest sister did her first baby's room with this theme. She ended up stenciling a lot herself.

I went to York almost two years ago, and they had a ton of stuff there! I bought my nephew a whole bunch of things with the characters from Peter Rabbit. I think your best bet would be shopping online, because it isn't nearly as popular here in the States. Good luck!

dzdigits July 20th, 2008 11:33 AM

Wow- that's a lot of work for your sister but I'm sure it was so cute that it was well worth it! :) Thanks so much for the tip- the internet has been my friend! lol

Cocoa Sashimi July 20th, 2008 03:27 PM

According to my Baby Bargains book, Crown Crafts has the license for Beatrix Potter, but like others have stated it's hard to find here in the U.S. Here are some Beatrix Potter items I found online.

Although I'm not a fan of Walmart, this Beatrix Potter 4-piece crib set came up in an online search, and it's on clearance for $128.

This lady out of Arkansas makes handmade quilts and offers an array of Beatrix Potter patterns.

Baby Bedding Town has this Cottage Tales Peter Rabbit set by Crown Craft on their site, but their site states that the set will not be available until mid-November.

You may have already seen this site, but it compiles, categorizes, and posts any Beatrix Potter auctions currently on ebay.

Good luck to you!

..Jessica.. July 21st, 2008 10:00 PM

That theme is so adorable!!! Be sure to come back and show us how you pull it all together.

mpsluis88 July 24th, 2008 09:30 PM

Awww, I wanted that theme for my son. DH's name is Peter. I thought it would be cute but, just couldn't find enough stuff for it.