JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   My son's bedding came in! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/1320268-my-son-s-bedding-came.html)

Mommy2Maddox November 19th, 2008 11:46 PM

Last week we ordered my son's bedding from BRU & it came in today!! (well yesterday since it's 2:33am)

Here is my lovely DF with Maddox's gorgeous bedding!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...DSCF4642_2.jpg
It's even more gorgeous in person than on BRU's website!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sbedding-1.jpg
here's a pic of the bedding from the internet..

Here is the 3-piece furniture set we plan on purchasing:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...aft-aspen3.jpg

Then... also we will be purchasing a glider & outtoman :smile:

I *think* we have decided on paint colors as well.. I just wanted to post in here & see what you ladies thought! We are planning to paint the 2/3 of the nursery wall (bottom up) a light green [to match bedding] and then painting a white horizontal stripe (maybe 5 inches thick) and painting the remainder of the wall (up to the top) the pale yellow [to match bedding]. What do you ladies think? I like the idea of doing molding all around the room.. but we will be moving before too long & it's just too expensive when we know we will be moving in the future. Also.. the reason I chose to do the 2/3 of the walls pale green, rather than 1/2 is because we are going to hire someone to come and paint some animals around the room. I figured it'd look best to pain the animals on green rather than yellow.

Any opinions? Tell me good or bad.. it won't hurt my feelings LOL!

..Jessica.. November 20th, 2008 10:13 AM

That bedding is sooo cute!!! DF looks so proud! I bet it really feels real to him now!

I like your idea of the white stripe 2/3 of the way up, with two different colours. That sounds really nice, neat, crisp and fresh. I can't wait to see it all put together. The mural sounds nice as well, I think you should wait until the painting is all done and then decide what you want to do. Just incase you want to change your mind, you know?

The furniture is beautiful, by the way. Are you getting all the accents to go with the bedding? Like, the lamp, light switch, etc.? What kind of flooring for you have for the nursery? Carpet, wood?

Mommy2Maddox November 20th, 2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

That bedding is sooo cute!!! DF looks so proud! I bet it really feels real to him now!

I like your idea of the white stripe 2/3 of the way up, with two different colours. That sounds really nice, neat, crisp and fresh. I can't wait to see it all put together. The mural sounds nice as well, I think you should wait until the painting is all done and then decide what you want to do. Just incase you want to change your mind, you know?

The furniture is beautiful, by the way. Are you getting all the accents to go with the bedding? Like, the lamp, light switch, etc.? What kind of flooring for you have for the nursery? Carpet, wood?
[/b]
Yeah.. we will end up getting a lot of the accents that go with the bedding :smile: We are also ordering letters for his name M-A-D-D-O-X from the site someone posted about on here a few days ago. It's an ebay site and the lady makes the letter custom to match the nursery perfectly :wub: They actually even have an example with the bedding we bought! :D I am so excited! We are going to start painting next month and then we're going to order the furniture in January.. so I won't have pictures of the completed nursery up till after my baby shower (February 7th)! I'm glad you like it :D

..Jessica.. November 20th, 2008 04:22 PM

I can't wait to see it!!!! It sounds so adorable!!! :wub:

samlee November 20th, 2008 07:08 PM

I love the bedding set its gorgeous! I also like the furniture you have choosen. The idea you have for paint colours is fantastic i so wish i had thought of doing it like that. I am so looking forward to the after photo's of the nursery in Febuary.

MommaOnCloud9 November 20th, 2008 10:09 PM

Love the bedding! It's what we used in our DS's nursery. We painted the walls a tan/khaki (matching colors in the bedding) because there is SO much green in the bedding and an all-yellow nursery seemed a little girly. So, that's just a thought - that there is so much green in the set you might want to pick a complimentary/coordinating color versus the primary color of the set. I think the example on the packaging is a nursery with tan/khaki walls so it'd give you an idea of what it would look like.

Also, we got all the pieces to the set, but we regret getting the nightlight. The monkey sitting in front of the bulb is all wood, so the light doesn't shine through at all. There is just a little, little glow of light surrounding the plug-in. It's like the manufacterers didn't test it before putting it on the market, because it's a completely inefficient nightlight.

Love the name Maddox too! Congrats!

Kristen L November 21st, 2008 05:48 AM

That is the bedding set I have also picked out for our safari room, so I love your taste!!! Our walls are a beige/tan color and we will be doing a lot of green accents, but what you described sounds really great for a nursery.

Jlynn November 22nd, 2008 07:49 PM

So cute :D

ASailorsWife November 29th, 2008 11:59 PM

LOVE IT

::er!ca:: November 30th, 2008 05:56 AM

Very cute! I can't wait to see it after it's all together!

polarbearmama November 30th, 2008 12:34 PM

Adorable bedding! And I LOVE the gorgeous bedroom furniture set!! Can't wait to see the finished nursery!!! :smile:

Butterfly2009 December 13th, 2008 11:57 AM

adorable set!

~Valerie~ December 16th, 2008 04:53 PM

very nice!

MammaSaid December 19th, 2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

[/b]
These bedroom setups are so cute. I came here looking for some additional ideas as I am in the midst of setting up a nursery for my son. I have definitely come away with some great ideas so thanks everyone! Have you heard of this cool product review site, ExpoTV? It's a cool site where you can make money by posting video reviews. The marketing company I work for is actually doing a campaign for them. It's great for learning about new products as well as making money for reviewing products you own. You can check it out at: http://tinyurl.com/54cx28

SerenaPlusXander December 28th, 2008 05:13 PM

Very cute bedding. Have you made any more progress on his room?

Can't wait to see pics of it when you get some stuff done.