JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   QOTD 2.20.09 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/1445096-qotd-2-20-09-a.html)

Mommy2Maddox February 19th, 2009 08:06 PM

Sorry I haven't been posting QOTD! I've been really busy/tired lately. The 3rd trimester hasn't been a cake walk for me :closedeyes:

If you are not started out baby in his/her crib, where will he/she be sleeping? IE, a pack 'n play, cradle, co-side sleeper, bassinet?

SK. February 20th, 2009 02:41 AM

Were doing the same with Kendra as well did with Logan, put them in a bassinet / moses basket for the first 6 months before moving them into a cot in their own room - although Logan & Kendra have a 99% chance of sharing a room.

evegrace February 20th, 2009 08:22 AM

A co-side sleeper....... We are hoping it will work well.

Hesperleigh February 20th, 2009 01:10 PM

A friend of mine gave me her bassinet, so we plan on using that until he grows out of it. Our room will be so cramped... but SO worth it!

ashleighgurl February 20th, 2009 01:57 PM

We are planning on using a bassinet for a little while.

CameraLinds February 21st, 2009 12:41 AM

we co-sleep. (we have a crib and a pack 'n play haven't used either...will eventually use his crib when he's probably 6 months old. Doubt we'll ever use the pack 'n play)

Mommy2Maddox February 21st, 2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

we co-sleep. (we have a crib and a pack 'n play haven't used either...will eventually use his crib when he's probably 6 months old. Doubt we'll ever use the pack 'n play)[/b]
we have a crib and a pack n play too. i really would love to co-sleep but it makes me incredibly nervous. did it not make you nervous that your bed was too soft or that his head might get stuck under the covers or something. we have a king-size bed and plenty of room, but i am a total worry wart. do you just lay him next to you, use a sleep positioner or do anything special?

Bre+Will=Reid February 22nd, 2009 05:29 PM

Reid sleeps in an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper, but he slept in bed with me the first few nights he was home, and when he is sick or fussy.

SassyMama February 23rd, 2009 01:54 PM

She'll be sleeping in a bassinet until she grows out of it. Then we'll move her to her crib.

I'd LOVE to co-sleep but DH is a really active sleeper (he's all over the place whereas I'm usually in one spot throughout the night) and it makes me nervous. :(

MommaOnCloud9 February 23rd, 2009 08:10 PM

With DD, we co-slept and had her in an antique cradle next to the bed until she was 6 months. She was mostly in the cradle.

With DS, we had the cradle, but he never would stay asleep in it. So, we co-slept until he was about 5 months of age. Then, he actually preferred his crib and slept the whole night through in it!