JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   French Toile and Starry Night (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/1565311-french-toile-and-starry-night.html)

want2beamom May 18th, 2009 09:49 AM

French Toile and Starry Night

So we bought or first items for the babies room, and I'm excited to tell someone about it! I'm from the Jan 10 ddc!
Amazon has quite a few bedding sets 70% or more off! I found the French Toile in Green, we both love it. Our idea is to decorate around that and Van Gogh's Starry Night (a friend of ours painted it for us), it's dark blues. We're not finding out what we're having, so for now we'll keep it classy and gender neutral. I would like to paint - but I'm not sure what color. I was thinking a sage to army green (my fav color)! But looking for ideas...

ChicaChels May 18th, 2009 02:04 PM

Re: French Toile and Starry Night

do you have pix? sounds cute :) congrats on your first big purchase!

want2beamom May 18th, 2009 02:15 PM

Thanks!!
This is the bedding:

Amazon.com: French Green Toile Baby Crib Nursery Bedding 10 Pcs SET: Baby

This is the painting, or pretty close:

http://www.theintellectualdevotional...ht-7900566.jpg

IamMom May 18th, 2009 03:48 PM

I love the starry night painting and decorating around that theme....however....to be honest...I think the bedding looks pretty girly. I think that toile style is generally more feminine....you may want to make sure you are comfortable with that being gender neutral enough for a rough and tumble little boy should you have a little boy. I think its gorgeous but for a girl....Sorry :(

C&K'sMama May 18th, 2009 05:03 PM

I love love love the bedding... If I were using it for a boy though I'd do a forresty theme, just cause like pp said the toile look can come acrossed as a little feminine

SweetSimpleThings May 18th, 2009 07:42 PM

I never visit this board and just happened to pop in here tonight for the first time... I actually totally disagree :lol: I think the toile looks lovely for a boy or girl in that colour. There's plenty of time down the road when they're older to do a different colour, but for crib/nursery bedding I think it's beautiful for either gender!

Mommy2Maddox May 18th, 2009 09:22 PM

I think it's cute! But, to be honest, I don't see how it's work with the stary night theme? Maybe once it's all together it might work, but I can't picture it, I guess is what I'm saying. GL!

want2beamom May 19th, 2009 07:34 AM

Christina and Jonies - that's what we were thinking. We won't make the room girly with it if we have a boy, we'd do trees, and sky or something. Forest is a good idea!
The idea is to not be matchy matchy and all typical nursery. (ME=anti-tradition!)
also - the nursery is more for the parents than baby! All the baby needs is a place to sleep, it doesn't care what the bedding looks like!
I'm still brainstorming how it fits with starry night :)

IamMom May 20th, 2009 07:40 AM

I give you credit for not finding out the sex and doing gender neutral - I could never do it!!!! I think the forest idea is a good one - maybe you could paint a mural on the wall that is trees....I also saw a good website with art work for a modern nursery with cute "tree and nature" themed art work.
Good luck!

Wall Art
Nature Wall Art

want2beamom May 20th, 2009 09:30 AM

harrison thanks so much - I'm inspired, I have my idea!!! I have to write it down...
It probably will end up being a boy, just to test my creativity! lol!

LindensMommy May 29th, 2009 09:25 PM

i think itll be great for either gender! =)