JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   Will your baby go from crib to toddler bed OR from crib to big bed? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/1842995-will-your-baby-go-crib-to-toddler-bed-crib-to-big-bed.html)

MommaOnCloud9 January 19th, 2010 09:40 PM

Will your baby go from crib to toddler bed OR from crib to big bed?

Do you plan to have your baby go from the crib to a toddler bed or from the crib to a big bed (twin, full, etc.)?

Or, if you have older children, did they ever have a toddler bed?

DD (at 3.5) is in a toddler bed. Her crib is a convertible one, so we changed it to a toddler bed. With DS (1.5), we're thinking we might just convert DD's bed into a full bed and have DD and DS share the bed when we have baby #3. So, DS would never get to have a toddler bed. We're still considering that one because we don't know how well a 3-year-old and 1-year-old will share a bed, even if it's a full-size.

MommaOnCloud9 February 21st, 2010 09:38 PM

Re: Will your baby go from crib to toddler bed OR from crib to big bed?

*bump*

~Mama~K February 22nd, 2010 08:58 AM

My son went from a crib to a toddler bed and he is still in it. I like that they are lower to the ground so, it's easier for them to get in and out. The next little one will be crib to a toddler bed also.

SassyMama February 23rd, 2010 04:28 PM

Siera's currently in her crib but I plan on transitioning it to a toddler bed. (It's a 3-in-1 convertible.)

Audrey's Aunt Amanda February 26th, 2010 01:16 AM

When I have kids I plan on getting one of those 3-in-1 Crib, Toddler, Full size beds. I think they are so very cool, that they grow with your child. That said. I also plan on the crib being a really good quality one so it will last up to teen years.

blondie0907 March 3rd, 2010 03:18 PM

We are trying to decide what to do now. With my son, we bought a very nice 3 in 1 crib with dresser and nightstand so that he could grow with it and have it for a long time. We had planned to buy the same kind of furniture for our next baby. Now that the time is here I am having 2nd thoughts. I would like to use Nathan's furniture for the new baby and buy him new furniture with a twin bed. I want to redo his room and if we just convert his bed to a toddler bed I will have to buy all new bedding when it comes time to convert his bed to a full size bed. Decisions!