JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   How involved? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/434522-how-involved.html)

::er!ca:: January 19th, 2007 08:56 AM

How involved was your SO/DH in decorating the nursery? Did SO/DH have any input on the theme, colors, furniture, paint color, etc?

::er!ca:: January 20th, 2007 06:57 AM

Matt was pretty involved. He pretty much let me pick out the bedding, but he also liked it. I also picked out the paint color, but I picked a nice tan color because I knew he wasn't too fond of pink and the bedding was all pink! We picked out the crib together, and though I didn't want to spend that much money on it, he really really liked it and talked me into it. He put together the crib and hung up the shelves and wall hangings (after I told him where I wanted them). He was very involved!!

The Lesha January 20th, 2007 12:19 PM

Dh was pretty involved. He picked out the room color and we chose the theme together. As for the actual design and placement of stuff, that was all me!

lovemyfamily0799 January 21st, 2007 09:08 PM

He was great. He would put up shelves when I asked him too and helped out with other things that I needed installed, like the chandelier. I am the painter in the house. I love my hubby to death, but I have no idea how he manages to have lumps of paint and drips on the walls.

Skrina January 22nd, 2007 10:24 AM

Other than setting up the furniture...not involved at all. Not because he didn't want to be but because it's my thing and I wouldn't let him! I'd never let him pick up a paint roller even if he asked! :D

Jacquie January 23rd, 2007 11:04 AM

Pretty involved. I picked out and ordered the bedding, we both chose the main paint color, and we both chose the crib and dresser. He will be building all the furniture and putting up shelves too! ;)

berrygirll January 26th, 2007 06:12 PM

Erica I see you're a host in here now! Awesome!

Dh wasn't too involved with anything, mostly because he leaves the decorating up to me. He would tell me however, if he hated something. But he usually likes everything I do so he lets me run with it.
He did pick the place where we found dd's dresser though.
He also made the shadowbox for her name letters & painted it. He'll make most anything I want, love having a handy guy, lol!

meant2bemommie January 30th, 2007 09:12 AM

DH is semi-involved. I gave him a few themes to choose from. Same themes I gave my playroom (gotta have my input from my girls) and both picked the same. So it was a match! :) I picked the crib with our first son. But DH is the one that has to hang up everything like the shelves and rods. So that is why I say semi-involved.