JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   For New Moms. What do you want in your nursery? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/452423-for-new-moms-what-do-you-want-your-nursery.html)

The Lesha February 2nd, 2007 04:31 PM

I have found that some of the things I wanted weren't things I needed. I'm only been a mom for a month now. But I'm sure there are things baby doesnt need. So far I'm good. He loves his mobile so I am glad I got that. The diaper genie is great!! Having a rocker in the room is great as well as a tv. I know you think the baby doesn need tv, but momma likes it at 6am when shes rockin lol. Also a cd player works wonders when baby needs to be soothed to sleep.

What do you think you need in your nursery? Practical and decoration?

Quote:

I have found that some of the things I wanted weren't things I needed. I'm only been a mom for a month now. But I'm sure there are things baby doesnt need. So far I'm good. He loves his mobile so I am glad I got that. The diaper genie is great!! Having a rocker in the room is great as well as a tv. I know you think the baby doesn need tv, but momma likes it at 6am when shes rockin lol. Also a cd player works wonders when baby needs to be soothed to sleep.

What do you think you need in your nursery? Practical and decoration?[/b]

Also the organizer my mom made.. Ihave it attached to the crib... its great. I put pacifers in the top pocket great when you forget to bring one in and he's napping.

LuvCaleb February 5th, 2007 11:33 AM

I love my glider!
im glad we got a boppy, it had many uses
diaper genie was waste and sits in the closet
diaper warmer was good at first now i dont have time to mess with it
i dont use the comforter in bed but i use it for a wall hanging
im glad i got the crib bumpers to keep his little hands and feet inside the crib
i wish i would have gotten a mobile because he loved to look at things and was very observant

Joni927 February 8th, 2007 09:04 PM

This is my first so I have no clue! The CD player sounds like a great idea. I know I want one of those wipie warmers!

TwiztidBlood February 10th, 2007 02:34 PM

im not a mom yet and we'll be sharing a room with baby for the first year, so the things weve chosen are a 3-1 playpen set. so it can be used for the bassinet and change table and the play pen. and a mobile to attach to it. and we wont be getting a change table because everyone ive known has never used it.
i want storage items to keep things for baby. and the playpen we chose has storage for diapers etc.

Braden's Mom February 10th, 2007 05:28 PM

I love his pack n play, thats in our bedroom
I thought I needed a changing table but I ended up just attaching a pad to a lower dresser
wipes warmer was a waste of money I haven't even taken it out of the box
diaper stacker is nice
He doesn't sleep in his crib in his room yet, but loves to lay in his crib and look at his mobile

ladyellise February 17th, 2007 08:27 PM

This is my first baby but what I plan to have in the nursery is:

The crib of course
A dresser
A Tv
Baby Monitor
Diaper Genie
A Rocking Chair
A Rug
& I'm sure there is more, I just cant think of it right now

The Lesha February 19th, 2007 05:44 PM

The diaper genie had worked great for me, but others hate it

A changing table is great/ Mine is a top a dresser. My husband will only change the baby on the changing table cuz he's tall and table fits him. I however will change the baby on the couch if its closer. The mobile is great, STone loves to watch his mobile before his nap. ( I put him in the crib for naps during the day, even though he sleeps in the cradle, that way he gets used to it for when he goes there to sleep at night_

The diaper wipe wormer is something I wanted too, but I read online here on this board that the warmer can be a nuisance. If you change your baby at home and he gets the warmer he expexts the wipe to be warm all the time. So if you have to change him at someone else's house or at a store, its nor warm and he/she will scream so they are not used to it. I opted for not having the warmer because of that issue. Do as you wish ofcorse. Just think about that warning.

The rug is a great idea, I've learned the hard way cuz my dog started marking territory in the babys room.. so I'm shampooing alot.... So if you have pets, this is a must.

having a table beside the rocker in the nursery is great. Leeat the 2 bottles DH leaves on it for me every mornign prooves that to me...lol.