JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   What color should I paint the walls? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/454575-what-color-should-i-paint-walls.html)

tabitwhe February 4th, 2007 07:27 PM

Ok I need your help! Layla will be here in 3 months and I havent even started her room. I know what the decorations will be but can't decided on a wall color. Here are the details of the nursery:

crib, cradle and dresser are a natural wood/maple color

bedding (including wall hanging, panel curtains, lamp, diaper stacker, etc) black and white toile & gingham

carpet: beige

may be adding a twin bed in there also just incase.

Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!!!

berrygirll February 4th, 2007 08:39 PM

First off, it surprised me to see my daughters name in your post! LOL I haven't met any other Layla's!

Ok, it sounds really classic & pretty. Are there any accent colors besides the black & white? Like a light pink or something? If not I would either do just white or else a creamy beige color. I wouldn't be afraid to "not" have a color on the wall if you are hanging a bunch of different things (pictures, etc).

lovemyfamily0799 February 5th, 2007 06:51 AM

With B&W toile you could go with anything. What feel are you trying to get. I see that ginham is used to?

And do you want it to be for more gender nuetral, or girly?

If you are putting in a twin, myabe you could find that bedding and get the color from there.

dzine21 February 5th, 2007 11:06 AM

I'd do a nice creamy taupe. or even a mocha foam color similar to the light brown on the pages here-not like the button brown though.

You'll have plenty of contrast, so NO bright colors.

tabitwhe February 5th, 2007 04:58 PM

I guess I am going for the more elegant style. I bought a black chandelier to hang in her room to. I kinda wanna do pink but then again I dont. I can't decide! LOL

Carliegirl February 6th, 2007 07:29 AM

What about something that's almost pink then? Maybe a peachy coral? I could also see an aqua shade working really well in that design scheme.

lovemyfamily0799 February 6th, 2007 12:25 PM

I love bright vibrant pinks with B&W toile. Maybe just do one wall in a bright pink and the rest in a creamy white.

Or if you want to stay on the safe side, greens like a soft sage green would go well too with the toile.

tracihieserich February 7th, 2007 01:03 PM

I agree! Definitley Pink!!! I love that look!!!

Mrs. Mustin February 7th, 2007 02:20 PM

If you are going for elegant I'd say a soft color. Beige, light pink, or light aqua. You bedding sounds beautiful. Good luck!

The Lesha February 7th, 2007 04:34 PM

The pink or aqua idea sounds great! DO you have any pics of the bedding?

tabitwhe February 9th, 2007 11:47 AM

Thanks everyone. I think Im gonna go with the soft "almost white" pink.

I dont have a pic of the bedding yet. I will see if I can use my moms digital and take a pic. I have only made the blanket so far cause the material is kinda pricy for me. But I will post pics soon.

Thanks again

::er!ca:: February 11th, 2007 05:34 AM

Good luck & Post pics when you are able to ... the idea sounds wonderful!