JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Nursery Themes, Ideas & Examples (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/)
-   -   Airplane bedding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f283-nursery-themes-ideas-and-examples/460465-airplane-bedding.html)

Joni927 February 8th, 2007 08:38 PM

Can anyone help me find bedding in airplanes (my husband is a pilot and would be thrilled!) that's in any color but solid blue?? I feel like i've looked everywhere and I find either blue and white airplanes or blue trimed in brown and maroon... It's so frustrating! Girls can fly too! I'd like it to be any other pastel so I can use it for a girl. Any ideas?? Thanks!

::er!ca:: February 9th, 2007 07:26 AM

I'll look around and see what I can find. Check out our subforum. The current Theme of the Week is Airplanes.

Joni927 February 9th, 2007 12:51 PM

I saw that! The beddings in there are adorable but they're all boyish :( I wish some company would make pink and yellow airplanes or something!

::er!ca:: February 9th, 2007 01:18 PM

As much searching as I've done for airplane beddings and room decor, I've never foud anything for a girl.

::er!ca:: February 9th, 2007 03:20 PM

I've searched and searched, and came up with nothing. My suggestion would be to possibly go with a solid or gingham bedding in a girl/neutral color (possibly pink, purple, cream, yellow or red) and do an airplane or airplane & sky mural on the wall or have custom art work made to decorate the walls with. You could probably even get material (to match the bedding) and have someone make you a few "airplane" shape decor pillows or something. You could also find airplane statues or figures on ebay or at thrift shops to put on shelves in her room. Some might even be able to be painted to match. You could find wooden airplane shapes, paint them to match her room also.

berrygirll February 9th, 2007 03:50 PM

^Same here Erica.^
I searched a lot and nothing. Except for a baby blanket with a pink airplane on it that was really cute. I then tried searching for pink airplane appliques/patches--nothing.
You could always check at JoAnn's or Michaels for an applique like that & buy solid colored bedding and just sew or iron on the appliques (if you find them!).
Erica has some good suggestions, good luck!
I will keep my eyes peeled just in case...

Joni927 February 9th, 2007 04:30 PM

Thanks everyone! the solids with painted planes is a great idea!

***Andrea February 11th, 2007 12:47 AM

Cute idea! Take some pics when you get it done!

Eeyore777 February 11th, 2007 02:39 PM

This rocker is SO cute!!!!
Airplane rocker

Here are some bedding I found. Some are "boyish", but if you pull red as the main color it would be cute. GOOD LUCK!!!
Primary color bedding

Striped bedding

THIS SET HAS SOFT COLORS.
In Flight

YOU COULD USE THIS BEDDING WITH THE IN FLIGHT ACCESSORIES (MOBLE, LAMP, BORDER, ECT) ABOVE. THAT WOULD REALLY BE CUTE AND MORE GIRLY.
Plain bedding

Joni927 February 11th, 2007 07:27 PM

Aw that rocker is so cute! Thanks!