JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Days and nights (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2596661-days-and-nights.html)

cincy1luv November 18th, 2012 09:03 AM

Days and nights

I think Adrianna may have her sleeping pattern messed up. She will nap through the day and come 6pm shes up and will not go to bed till 1am. That makes for a tired mama and I go to work in 2 weeks! Do I try to wake her up more through the day?! I have tried this and she always gets one up on me and passes out! Lol.

michellelove0502 November 18th, 2012 09:36 AM

Re: Days and nights

My pediatrician told me this was common since most pregnant women are uncomfortable at night and that keeps the baby awake so theyre used to being up at night. I try to keep Jayden up during the day but its nearly impossible but he still sleeps pretty good at night.

cincy1luv November 18th, 2012 09:48 AM

Once she goes she is out for 3 hrs gets up eats and back to bed! Its just getting her down at around 10-10:30 would be nice!! Lol, I can see what the pedi means!!

SabrinaH November 18th, 2012 12:26 PM

I read that around 6 weeks babies need to be taught the difference between day and night. I;ve worked hard with Scarlett on this. During the day all of the lights are on or shades are open much to my DH's chagrin and at night the lights are out. Last night she slept for 9 hours, was up eating for an hour and then took a 2 hour nap! This has been going on for over a week now so it is definitely helping.

cincy1luv November 18th, 2012 02:34 PM

I will try that! Thank you! I hope she keeps it up for you!!

SabrinaH November 18th, 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincy1luv (Post 26781377)
I will try that! Thank you! I hope she keeps it up for you!!

Me too!

abur November 18th, 2012 08:04 PM

Ugh, I can't imagine. Hannah is always down between 9-10 and then wakes up every 3 hrs to eat. Definitely have a routine. The lights thing works!!! As soon as lights are out at night Han knows whats up!! And it isn't her lol!

abur November 18th, 2012 08:20 PM

:goodpost: That's a great idea! I can only imagine how horrid those few days would be LOL!

cincy1luv November 19th, 2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abur (Post 26782252)
Ugh, I can't imagine. Hannah is always down between 9-10 and then wakes up every 3 hrs to eat. Definitely have a routine. The lights thing works!!! As soon as lights are out at night Han knows whats up!! And it isn't her lol!

I am like a zoombie!! Lol! But I did the lights today and gave her a bath around 6:30 and she was out at 9!! Hopefully we can keep this up!!:smile:

JillMama November 19th, 2012 01:53 AM

We do what Amanda said. Day time I'd bright and loud, evening I dim the lights and its more chill. He's time, lights out, and he's swaddled, nursed at to sleep.