JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   6 month milestones (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2641521-6-month-milestones.html)

mommaof4andhalf April 8th, 2013 07:11 AM

6 month milestones

It's been or is coming up on half a year since our little ones were born. Any big milestones they hit recently? I know we have a lot of almost crawlers!!!

Dillon likes to stand and hold on to his walker. His favorite thing in the world is to distract my hubby and then snatch DH glasses off of his face and slobber all over them. He thinks it's funny as can be. Of course DH yelling "AWWWWWW!!! PICKLE!!!! No sir!" has me cracking up too.

Summerdays12 April 8th, 2013 07:34 AM

Re: 6 month milestones

Scooting all around. Jonah has no problem getting to where he wants to go. He does a new thing where he props himself up on his hip and elbow. It looks like he is getting to the point where he will sit up soon all on his own. Maybe in the next month??

Tiffany8620 April 8th, 2013 08:08 AM

Eve has been sitting for a couple weeks now. She's still working on crawling. She rocks on all fours and scoots around, but isn't really crawling quite yet. I keep waiting for the day!

mandattu_02 April 8th, 2013 08:10 AM

We're still working on sitting up on our own here. She's almost got it down. She can sit several minutes on her own, but I'm still cautious to leave her side when sitting bc/she still topples easily. She finally rolled from back to tummy a couple weeks ago and now she's rolling and scooting all over the place.

JillMama April 8th, 2013 08:15 PM

Jett sits really good, DOES NOT ROLL I REPEAT DOES NOT ROLL lmao!!! He goes side to side but not all the way over

Mommy milestone, he's sleeping in his own bed, I'm sad that he's not next to me anymore ;(

Pageturner April 8th, 2013 08:21 PM

Michael is rolling constantly now and scooting around :-) he is also able to sit up with his hands on the floor, but not really on his own yet. He laughs so much too!

doremi April 8th, 2013 08:34 PM

Jamison is still doing a very wobbly tripod, not really sitting on his own. But he is rolling everywhere! He seems to only want to roll one direction though, so he often gets himself stuck. He also has been playing peekaboo. He started laughing when we would hide our faces and then say peekaboo about three weeks ago. Today, he actually hid his own face in the sheets and then popped up with a huge smile on his face multiple times, which was SO cute!!

bryan and nina April 9th, 2013 04:03 AM

Emmy also only rolls to one side! But she has it mastered! :D she sits pretty well on her own but is also wobbly still.
Bryan showed her the light switch in her bedroom over the weekend and now she is fascinated with turning the light off. Lol. It's really cute!

myfavoriteshoes April 9th, 2013 05:42 AM

Eli likes to roll everywhere... thats how he gets places. He can sit for a few secs, but usually topples over the second he moves his arms sideways to grab at something. He does not crawl yet, but its coming. He's got the arms up, next is the knees...

marybethsmom April 9th, 2013 07:08 AM

No rolling here either...she's soooo close! She doesn't sit too much, just a very wobbly tripod. Loves to stand up holding onto your fingers and I swear she's trying to get up on her knees and elbows. Smiling and laughing all the time now. Big milestone, she started daycare today!

momopotamus April 9th, 2013 10:27 AM

I have a little bean blob here lol, she has rolled ONCE, from belly to back and thats it! She still topples over when trying to sit, and still screams on her tummy, so I don't see any crawling/scooting in our near future lol. She does have a really cute giggle though :lol:

KatherineD April 9th, 2013 11:42 AM

William can roll both ways and has been going from back to front a lot recently (and half the time gets pissed that he has somehow ended up on his belly :rolleyes: ). We're also working on sitting up, as that seems to be his preferred position :) He's not pulling up or crawling or remotely close to any of those things.

hiskid1324 April 9th, 2013 08:58 PM

Esther is almost sitting. She rolls to get everywhere. EVERYWHERE. And scoots forward and backward. Especially on the hardwood floors.