JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Playpens (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2642840-playpens.html)

doremi April 12th, 2013 07:06 PM

Playpens

So... I never had a playpen with Josiah, but I totally think I'm going to need one for Jamison. We are full on into the lego phase with my 4 year old, and baby-proofing is going to be SO much harder once Jamison starts crawling. This is the one I'm thinking of getting. My friend has the same one, and Jamison really liked it when we were at their house!
Amazon.com: Graco TotBloc Pack 'N Play with Carry Bag, Bugs Quilt: Baby

KMH April 12th, 2013 07:21 PM

Re: Playpens

That is super cute!

I brought a pack-n-play out to the living room the other day for the same reason! Claire has so many little toys (and her current obsession is Scrabble tiles), and Abigail is all over the place shoving everything into her mouth :eek:

*AngieKH* April 12th, 2013 09:43 PM

We had the playpen you posted and I'm so upset that we didn't keep it. We only got rid of a few baby things but that's one of them. It was great, I loved the size of it.

yashobo April 13th, 2013 01:33 AM

That is cute and colorful. We used this as a playpen for dd1 and will use it for Luyando too. We barely used it for bassinet. She slept in it 5 times max so the only way we'll get our money of it is as playpen. It worked pretty well for dd1.
http://gracopacknplayplaypen.blogspo...y-playpen.html

babymama10 April 13th, 2013 01:49 AM

I had that playpen (Graco totblock) and loved it. We actually had two. We are ROUGH on our playpens. I think I am gonna buy that one again and then the Northstates locking gates playpen for when she is older because it gets so much bigger and now has a gate for it. We had one of those we used for everything including a puppy and really like it but over the years but the gates cracked. So we need a new one. I just can't keep up with all the legos,pencils,paper, and whatever on the floor when she starts crawling.We run a tight ship and our house is pretty clean especially for 11 people living in it. What helps is we have a NO SHOES in the house policy at all times. But still... :)

bostoncreampie April 13th, 2013 09:10 AM

We have that one somewhere in someones attic. It is cute! We used it more to block the hallway so ds1 couldn't bother the dog we used to have.

Babyproofing will be nearly imposible, between legos and squinkies and marbles, ugh.

doremi April 13th, 2013 10:36 AM

I know, right Kristen? I have visions of Jamison being the next baby to make the news for having a lego stuffed up his nose for 3 years... remember that article earlier this year?!

Belita April 13th, 2013 12:27 PM

We have one in the living room that weput him in since he can roll and we haven't baby proofed yet. I'm getting one of those baby gate looking ones for outside play in the summer and we can use that around the Christmas tree this winter.

Tiffany8620 April 13th, 2013 02:02 PM

In daycare my Mom used to have a fence type thing so she could block off part of the room. I would probably use something like that more than a play pen where the baby can't roll and crawl around as well.

Amazon.com: Baby Kids Playpen 8 Panel Play Center Safety Yard Pen (Jbw-8 Model): Toys & Games

doremi April 13th, 2013 09:28 PM

...but I don't want my 4 year old to be able to get in...that's why I'm leaning towards the elevated playpen. The one I linked to is big enough to crawl around and roll in...that's why I want that one!!

Pageturner April 14th, 2013 05:35 AM

We have one. We haven't used it yet, but I know we will soon! We will use it at the beach, and probably bring it with us on vacation for him to sleep in when we go to Michigan. It's also going to be a useful place for him to play in the living room if i need to get things done.

momopotamus April 14th, 2013 06:57 AM

We have a pack n play, I havent used it yet for Allie but my older DD used it a ton. Definitely comes in handy, though after a while.it becomes "baby jail" for my kids lol

Tiffany8620 April 14th, 2013 10:06 AM

Oh, got it! I didn't realize you wanted to keep the baby in and also the big kid out. :)