JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Elimination Diet Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2643726-elimination-diet-question.html)

Summerdays12 April 16th, 2013 12:11 PM

Elimination Diet Question

For those of you who have eliminated certain foods from your diet...have you or when will you reintroduce those foods back into your diet??? I have not had beans, spinach, Mexican food, pizza, ice cream, cheese, or Any dairy products since November-January. I really want a bean and cheese burrito with tons of sour cream from Baja Fresh!

myfavoriteshoes April 16th, 2013 12:27 PM

Re: Elimination Diet Question

well being vegan theres tons I avoid, but I now have to watch my citrus and spicy food intake... and yeahhhh! a bean, rice and "cheese" (dairy-free) burrito would be nice!

Summerdays12 April 16th, 2013 12:32 PM

I'm tempted to try it but scared to I just don't know when to try you know..I am sure there comes a time when it's okay to see if those foods will be okay on the baby.

marinewife01 April 16th, 2013 04:10 PM

Avrey was sensitive to anything to so with tomatoes. Pizza, spaghetti sauce and ketchup. I've had a little recently and he's had no problems.

Summerdays12 April 16th, 2013 06:03 PM

Yes, I was thinking of trying out something like ice cream and see what happens. I went to the smoothie place and ordered not even thinking about how there was spinach in my smoothie....drank it and realized later on about the spinach. He had no tummy problems:)

bostoncreampie April 16th, 2013 06:39 PM

I think by 6 months you can try some things again. I couldn't do pasta sauce for the longest time but can now without an issue.

myfavoriteshoes April 17th, 2013 04:48 AM

I am way too scared to try anything with tomato still... But hes not even 6months yet. I have time!

LucilleTwo April 17th, 2013 03:23 PM

I don't have anything to add except that I love Baja Fresh!! Last time I had it was in Aug of 2011!

Summerdays12 April 17th, 2013 05:13 PM

Baja Fresh is right down the street and I pass by it ALL the time...makes my mouth water :hungry:

LucilleTwo April 17th, 2013 08:20 PM

So jealous!

Summerdays12 April 17th, 2013 09:00 PM

I'm jealous of all the people who get to eat there too!!!

JillMama April 21st, 2013 02:00 PM

Jett has been OK again with everything, the only thing I haven't tried is taco seasoning again...

bryan and nina April 22nd, 2013 05:12 AM

I would try it, Erin! Start by adding one thing to your diet, like dairy, and see how he handles it.
I still limit my dairy but not a huge amount. Yesterday I had chili wit cheese and sour cream for dinner, followed by some ice cream, and she's fine.
I'm not 100% sure if she ever had a dairy allergy but for several months, she had very mucussy stools. That has gotten much better now. But she still had it, even after I had completely cut out dairy for 2-3 months, so I just started eating it again.
Good luck!! :)

Summerdays12 April 23rd, 2013 01:04 PM

I had a very small piece of pizza last night and no problems:)

Summerdays12 April 25th, 2013 05:40 PM

I had a bean burrito with a dollop of sour cream and no cheese...two nights in a row and Jonah had NO tummy problems at all!!!!! Woooowhoooo! Trying spinach pizza tonight:)

marinewife01 April 25th, 2013 06:08 PM

I've eaten almost everything that bothered Avrey's tummy early on and he's been fine.