JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Strollers/Carriers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2646218-strollers-carriers.html)

KMH April 26th, 2013 10:31 AM

Strollers/Carriers

The colder weather is (mostly) gone and it seems a lot of us are getting out more and more. How are you and your LO/LOs getting around? What carriers/strollers are you using these days to transport your crew? Are you shopping for something new?

Mollyjayne April 26th, 2013 10:41 AM

Re: Strollers/Carriers

I still use the Moby quite a bit, but it gets warm. He's going to outgrow his carseat stroller so I might go look for an umbrella stroller today

KMH April 26th, 2013 10:44 AM

Or maybe a double stroller is in your future :D

Mollyjayne April 26th, 2013 10:50 AM

^ haha to this^ I told SO THAT THIS MORNING!

doremi April 26th, 2013 11:14 AM

I use the boba wrap or the ergo the majority of the time when I am out with both boys, because it is easier to hold my 4 year old's hand crossing streets when I wear the baby. When Grandma babysits or Daddy wants to go out with the boys, they use the stroller :)

KMH April 26th, 2013 11:31 AM

We have a Baby Jogger City Mini stroller for around the neighborhood and a Maclaren Twin Triumph for when we are out and about. If Claire needs to/wants to ride, the other baby goes in an Ergo.

The Ergos were awesome this past weekend on vacation...we flew kites, built sandcastles, went thru museums, shopped, etc. and the babies slept thru it all in the Ergos. In the stroller they tend to wake up with every little jostle or bump, so the Ergos are lifesavers for us.

I think if I buy another carrier or stroller DH will kill me, so I have to live vicariously through those of you that are shopping :)

Belita April 26th, 2013 04:21 PM

I don't like wearing him so I use our travel system stroller. I'd like to get a smaller umbrella stroller once he's in his convertible car seat but am not sure which one I want to get.

KMH April 26th, 2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 27319585)
I don't like wearing him so I use our travel system stroller. I'd like to get a smaller umbrella stroller once he's in his convertible car seat but am not sure which one I want to get.

I don't know how much you want to spend, but the Maclarens are amazing!

hiskid1324 April 26th, 2013 06:24 PM

I have put Esther in a stroller once, and DH has done so once. Otherwise, we wear her! I think HER favourites are the woven wraps and the Mobys, but we've started using the Ergo and mei tai some as well now. :) I sound like I have a crazy number of wraps.... well... actually... I probably do, LOL....

ETA: I forgot to mention I want to get a piece of linen and make myself a summer woven wrap. Yes. I like my wraps! :)

bostoncreampie April 26th, 2013 07:56 PM

I only used a stroller once in my yard so I could chase my boys. Otherwise, my go to carrier is my husband's boba carrier these days.

Mollyjayne April 27th, 2013 03:02 AM

I'd like to try a woven wrap...
and also an Ergo but they are soooooo expensive

hiskid1324 April 27th, 2013 05:55 AM

A woven wrap isn't too bad if you just make it yourself. I used a 5ydpiece of cotton twill cut in half lengthwise, and hemmed the raw edges. Got the fabric on sale, so it only cost $25 for the piece of fabric.... $12.50 for a wrap!