JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   PP Meals (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2646229-pp-meals.html)

doremi April 26th, 2013 11:26 AM

PP Meals

A good friend of mine just had a baby on Wednesday, and we are organizing meal deliveries for her over the next few weeks. What were some of your favorite post-partum meals in those early days? I remember being ravenously hungry, and wanting really high fat meals. We are delivering bacon mac and cheese with fruit, salad and dessert to them on Monday :smile:

Mollyjayne April 26th, 2013 11:39 AM

Re: PP Meals

Lasagna is always a good choice. I have a pretty easy recipie for oven baked chimichangas that is super yummy

KMH April 26th, 2013 11:54 AM

Someone brought us pulled pork, lots of buns, potato salad, baked beans, etc. It was a great meal that night, of course, but there were lots of leftovers. It was great to be able to microwave a hot sandwich whenever that BFing-induced starvation struck!

Belita April 26th, 2013 04:29 PM

I liked shepherd's pie and Mexican lasagnas. Also just marinaded meats that are easy to pop in the oven or on the grill.

hiskid1324 April 26th, 2013 05:48 PM

We were brought a pot roast with roasted root vegetables, chicken & dumplings with double chocolate (mint) chip cookies, salmon with broccoli & mashed potatoes, a chicken & bean soup with beer bread, Spaghetti sauce and meatballs and a package of noodles (so we could have it fresh cooked), and a roasted chicken with brown rice and broccoli. ALL of it was amazing! I love doing lasagnas as well, but those were all things that worked great for us. :)

marybethsmom April 26th, 2013 05:49 PM

My sis-in-law made me this amazing chicken casserole with Ritz crackers on top the day we came home from hospital. They stayed two weeks & she made one up the say they were leaving for me to bake later. My dh opened the fridge door & it fell out & hit the floor. I literally cried :(

jlstebbins April 26th, 2013 07:03 PM

Awww..marybeths mom! Thats terrible! :( I would of cried too!

The thing that I always loved was they always brought desserts with each meal. We got meals 3 times a week for the first month. It was wonderful! My church ladies are the best best best!! :)

We got lasagna, pizza (from a local pizza place that we cook at home), chicken and dumplins, pulled pork. Thats all I can remember right now. Each came with 1 or 2 sides also. Good home cooked meals in the early days is a blessing. :)

doremi April 26th, 2013 09:52 PM

One of my favorites was a huge container of homemade potato and bacon soup with a giant homemade braided yeast bread. Mmmmmm..... I lived on that for a week!!