JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Bumpers? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2651747-bumpers.html)

LoverlyJules May 19th, 2013 06:13 PM

Bumpers?

So now I've gotten Madalyn to sleep in her crib. But she moves more now so I'm wondering if I can put the bumpers back in her crib. I checked on her tonight and she had her little legs sticking out between the slats of her crib. I'm also worried about her rolling and bumping her head. I know I'd have to take them out when she can pull up and climb, but is it ok to have them in for now? I mean she's strong enough to move her head now .......

Thoughts?

bostoncreampie May 19th, 2013 07:45 PM

Re: Bumpers?

Ruby only starts out the night in her crib but I have bumpers in there. She is swaddled, so it's a non issue yet, but honestly I don't see a huge deal with bumpers. They make the crib more cody. I have never heard of an issue from a bumper... not to say they don't happen.

babymama10 May 20th, 2013 02:54 AM

I still use it. I have used them for all my babies. She flops all over the place and really hits rails hard. Thank goodness for the bumper pad.

KMH May 20th, 2013 03:59 AM

We always have bumpers in the cribs, but we use the mesh kind. They don't offer a ton of padding, but they keep arms/legs from getting stuck.

marybethsmom May 20th, 2013 11:20 AM

I've had/have bumpers with both girls, the regular kind. Never had a problem.

LoverlyJules May 20th, 2013 03:23 PM

We are putting them in tonight. I think she'll be fine, but I'm sure I'll be checking!

doremi May 20th, 2013 11:04 PM

We have ours in right now, but as soon as he is pulling to standing position, they will come out. He is only sleeping in the crib for naps with the video monitor on him. If he was sleeping overnight in the crib, I would have pulled the bumpers out sooner. But they are just so cute...

bryan and nina May 21st, 2013 04:17 AM

I'm not much help; we have the mesh bumpers in her crib but she never sleeps in it. Lol. At night she is in the arms reach co sleeper or in bed with us and during the day she naps on me or in the pack n play.
It's funny how you can plan on things being a certain way before you have a baby but then when it's here, things end up totally different. I used to be so convinced I'd start right away "training" her to sleep (or at least nap, in the beginning) in her crib. But I have no desire. Lol. The way I look at it; right now, with only one child, I have the luxury of letting her sleep on me most of the time. She likes it, I like it; everyone wins! I don't want to have any regrets and she is growing up so fast! She won't want to cuddle before I know it, so I better take advantage of it now! ;)