JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   How often do you get professional photos taken? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2656190-how-often-do-you-get-professional-photos-taken.html)

Jinnah June 5th, 2013 06:52 AM

How often do you get professional photos taken?

I have been so terrible with getting them done because we've been unusually busy. I normally do newborn, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months, then yearly at that point. This time, we did newborn, 2, and 7 months! I will be making up for it by doing a lot between now and 18 months. What about you?

bryan and nina June 5th, 2013 06:56 AM

I can't afford to get them done; around here it's about $300-400 for a session, for an actual "professional" photographer. A friend of a friend takes pictures on the side and she did 6 month pics for us that turned out good! And she only charged $60.

Jinnah June 5th, 2013 09:21 AM

Re: How often do you get professional photos taken?

By professional, I meant JC Penney, Target, or Wal-Mart portrait studio! LOL Do you have those? I spent $60, also, but you can get a package for about $8.

bryan and nina June 5th, 2013 06:33 PM

Honestly, I've never looked into those! Are they decent pictures??

Jinnah June 5th, 2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan and nina (Post 27425012)
Honestly, I've never looked into those! Are they decent pictures??

I like JC Penney and Target's pictures. Wal-Marts aren't as good (quality). You should try it out! :smile:

Summerdays12 June 5th, 2013 11:23 PM

Nope. We did newborn ones but I really wasn't that impressed with them at all.

babymama10 June 6th, 2013 10:34 AM

Not so much anymore. We take tons of pics ourselves.We just try to do the best we can.

Jinnah June 6th, 2013 04:57 PM

Okay, now I feel a little less guilty for not doing more. I thought everyone got them done regularly.

Mich05 June 6th, 2013 07:22 PM

we haven't done any yet... i just try to take some myself and am hoping to get some done this summer at sears or superstore. and i always feel guilty for not doing them. but i have very few pictures of me as a kid and love the ones i do have even though they are not professional, it's just fun to see what i looked like! so i'm hoping my kids will feel the same way.

SLP83 June 7th, 2013 05:30 AM

Haven't had any yet, but planning to get 1 year photos taken. Im still in touch with my wedding photographer, he was amazing.

Pageturner June 7th, 2013 11:31 AM

We have only had pro ones done twice, his newborns and then we went to JC Penney for his Christmas ones. When he turns one, we will do pro ones again.

bostoncreampie June 8th, 2013 06:43 PM

We don't do them ever. Only school photos and then we just did family photos for the first time but it went pretty terribly.

Jinnah June 8th, 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostoncreampie (Post 27432846)
We don't do them ever. Only school photos and then we just did family photos for the first time but it went pretty terribly.

What happened?!

bostoncreampie June 9th, 2013 07:28 PM

Oh my boys are just crazy... they wouldn't cooperate and my 3 year old took off running most of the time (it was outdoors at a conservation area) and Ruby was terrified and didn't smile once. Getting ready took all day and feeding them dinner before it making sure they didn't get messy and frazzled, etc. It was all just not worth it.

marybethsmom June 10th, 2013 10:50 AM

I did professional newborns and now six months. I did three month at Target and was very unimpressed. The whole session only lasted like 10 minutes & their prints are very expensive for what you get and poor quality. Do you have a Portrait Innovations near you? We did my older dd's 3month their and I was very pleased. The cd with all the pics and a ton of prints for around $150.