JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   home security systems (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2657216-home-security-systems.html)

bostoncreampie June 8th, 2013 07:17 PM

home security systems

Who here has a home security system?

I don't, but often wish I did. I get nervous in the summer with the windows open at night and just the screens there. Do they work with windows open? Does anyone know how much they cost?

jlstebbins June 8th, 2013 08:58 PM

Re: home security systems

We have an ADT home security system.

We pay $45 a month for it. Sooo affordable forsure!!

We live in a VERY VERY safe area! We just do it for peace of mind really. (Someone broke into our old house, so we cant live without it now.) We have sensors on every door and our garage door too. We have also have the glass break on the windows so it will call the police automatically with that. :)

Jinnah June 8th, 2013 10:13 PM

We do, too. I have to have a security system even though we live in a very safe area. Our has all the good stuff, also.

Pageturner June 9th, 2013 09:02 AM

We don't. We keep everything locked and rarely keep windows/doors open since its so hot outside. We just don't feel the need. I'm always home and if we do leave, it's usually not for very long.

bostoncreampie June 9th, 2013 07:29 PM

$45 is doable. I may need to convince DH. What happens with a window open and screens, is there any protection in that scenario?

jlstebbins June 10th, 2013 08:44 AM

I don't think there is much protection with windows open.

I am home most of the day too, but even when Im home, there is a need for one. We didn't have one until our old house got broke in to. It was in a very safe, very busy, lots of thru traffic neighborhood. It was mid day when it happened. I wasn't home thank goodness. But I would recommend it anyday. No matter how safe your area is, don't wait till something happens. I couldn't live without one, and we haven't had a crime in our subdivision ever. :)

marybethsmom June 10th, 2013 09:07 AM

We live in a very safe area, but it is a suburb of a very dangerous city. We have an alarm and a very protective yard dog =)

bostoncreampie June 10th, 2013 06:31 PM

so do most people with home security systems leave their windows sealed all the time? central ac?

Mich05 June 10th, 2013 07:21 PM

we don't have one but have always wanted one for peace of mind. I grew up in the country (where we never even locked doors or had keys for our doors , well i'm sure the parents did lol) and now being in a city it would be nice. Never realized they could be as low as $45 per month, thinking we will also look into it!