JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Any proud mommas lately? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2657250-any-proud-mommas-lately.html)

yashobo June 9th, 2013 03:54 AM

Any proud mommas lately?

Has anything happened to make you feel extra proud about your kids lately?

Mine happened yesterday. We went to sunshine coast (an hour away) for the weekend with the kids and we were out eating at a restaurant. Fed Luyando first with her solids which she ate every bit of and made very little mess and then Lolu got food off Dh and my plate and ate her food well. Luyando sat patiently in her high chair playing until I finished eating and took her into my laps; she was also playing eye contact and smiling with some people nearby. When we were leaving one lady said, "your girls are so well-behaved" and I answered "it is one of our good days." But really they did well at all the places we went out to eat and on the trip in general and I felt (and feel) really proud of them.

Any other proud mommas? Either your observation or someone else's?

Pageturner June 9th, 2013 08:47 AM

Re: Any proud mommas lately?

I always feel proud of how my boy smiles at everyone when we go out :-) I'm also proud of him because he's been saying "dadadada" so I think he will really say "Dadda" soon :-) and also he's getting on all fours trying to crawl. I'm just proud of him for trying so hard!

Lav June 9th, 2013 05:25 PM

I get that comment A LOT for my girl: she's so happy and well-behaved. It's because Savina is an extremely social and interested/aware and observant baby. When we go places, she's way to interested to be upset, unless she's overtired or hungry. So I love those compliments.

I'm also proud of her having said "hi", "Mama" and saying a lot of "babababa", and she sings a lot, and she's walking like crazy while I hold her for balance. Not interested in crawling whatsoever!
Her daddy had to be put in a harness at 10 months old, so I'm not surprised lol

But all that makes me a really proud mommy :)

bostoncreampie June 9th, 2013 07:23 PM

I'm proud that she knows how to sign "milk" correctly and can say "mama." :wub:

MommyofAngels1985 June 10th, 2013 03:20 AM

My 2 year old loves to count and is getting pretty good at it. She can easily count 1-5, after that she kind of makes it up as she goes along but shes working on it :smile:. On top of that she is potty training and says her "please" and "thank you" AND it's so cute when she leaves a room she says "Bye" or "See ya Later". Last thing I'll mention for her is whenever we go out somewhere she always holds our hand and never tries to run off. Loves going places so she's on her best behavior when we're out.

My 8 month old is working on her crawling and up until last month refused to eat anything other than formula, now she devours anything you put infront of her! Plus she is such a happy baby with the most adorable smile and ears :p

yashobo June 10th, 2013 05:05 AM

Aaaww, we have such sweet babies with lots of achievements in our PR plus they are the best looking babies ever:wub:

marybethsmom June 10th, 2013 09:11 AM

I'm proud of Meghan for FINALLY rolling over. She can say mama, dada, paw-paw, and I think she's working on dog and bottle (bobo)

I'm proud of Mary Beth b/c she got all S's (superior, highest grade in K) in every subject on her final report card. She also helped me get ready for my best friends baby shower yesterday, and acted like such a little lady during the shower :wub:

yashobo June 11th, 2013 04:08 AM

Ashley, your girls are so precious as usual. Too cute.

GiaTortilla June 11th, 2013 08:06 AM

I forgot to mention that last week, our day care lady commented on how easily behaved Riah became after her first week of being there. That she's easy going now with other babies as well. Makes me think the stranger anxiety wasn't a big issue as I thought :)

Jinnah June 11th, 2013 03:33 PM

Elijah can say mama and hi (not sure if he says hi on purpose, as it's hit and miss if he says it after we do). He accidentally said "Ha, ha!" kinda like Nelson on the Simpsons... just said in a baby voice. Sooo funny. We love his baby babble, also. So cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

babymama10 June 12th, 2013 08:56 AM

Emma says, "mama" and "dadda" and "hi." She is crawling all over the place. Noe of my others crawled so well at 7 months like she does.
I think she just wants to keep up so badly with my 1 and a half year old grandson.