JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Would you be a surrogate? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2657679-would-you-surrogate.html)

bostoncreampie June 10th, 2013 06:47 PM

Would you be a surrogate?

I think this may have been asked already, but would you be a surrogate? If so, are there stipulations?

If not, is there any amount of money that would change your mind?

LoverlyJules June 10th, 2013 07:23 PM

Re: Would you be a surrogate?

Given that I've had a MC I would be too scared. It's not about money it's about my health and anxiety.

Mich05 June 10th, 2013 07:29 PM

no.... we are almost certainly not having another child because of my terrible pregnancies. (which is something i am struggling to come to terms with, we have a pretty awesome family with two kids and are fortunate and i need to remind myself of that all the time). Even though the cardiologist always said baby's life and my life weren't at risk, this time i was scared for a while.... and my symptoms (passing out and dizziness) would probably surface earlier and earlier with each pregnancy

GiaTortilla June 10th, 2013 07:52 PM

I would do it. I use to joke with my mom that I'd be a surrogate for her because she wanted another a child. Although it might be hard to give up the baby at the end of it all, seeing as pregnancy is so amazing, I would do it absolutely. I love my child so dearly, if I had the chance to give that experience to people who could not conceive on their own, yes I would.

marybethsmom June 11th, 2013 09:09 AM

If I could, I would do it for my sis-in-law who has fertility issues, but only as a "carrier" No egg donation. However, my dr informed me no more babies for me b/c my uterus was so thin.

bryan and nina June 11th, 2013 10:44 AM

Yes I would; dh and I have talked about it and I may do it after we have our 2nd (and final :( ) baby. I'd only be a gestational surrogate though, not a traditional. I'd love to do it for someone I know, but there isn't anyone in our friends or family needing that at the time. ;)

Gia, that would be such a crazy but neat situation!! :)

Pageturner June 12th, 2013 07:15 AM

No. I commend anyone who could do that, it would be such a blessing on a barren family...but I couldn't personally carry a baby, give birth, and give it away, even if the eggs/sperm didn't belong to me or my DH. I would still feel a huge loss, having carried the child...it would break my heart. I don't have the constitution for it.

SLP83 June 12th, 2013 07:58 AM

I love the thought of it and think it is an amazing and wonderful gift...

But I don't know that I could do it. I don't know if any amount of money would change my mind, but if someone I was very close to was struggling and asked, I might consider it.