JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   plan "b," how do you feel? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2657780-plan-b-how-do-you-feel.html)

bostoncreampie June 11th, 2013 09:02 AM

plan "b," how do you feel?

How do you all feel about the Plan B pill being sold on drug store shelves in the condom aisle for anyone over age 15 to purchase?

Those with daughters, how would you feel about her going to the store in 15 years purchasing this and taking it without your knowledge?

I think those of us left around here can discuss things and keep it civil. Keep it friendly and respectful please. :)

marybethsmom June 11th, 2013 09:05 AM

Re: plan "b," how do you feel?

Personally, I am against it under 18 without parental consent. I have a problem with nurses handing it out at school. I wouldn't take it myself, but if someone else wants to buy it, that's their perogative.

LoverlyJules June 11th, 2013 02:37 PM

Being a middle school teacher 15 seems so young! But I can see situations which it might be needed. I would hope that I will have a close enough relationship with my children that they would come to me first.

Summerdays12 June 11th, 2013 03:15 PM

I do not agree with this being available to girls under the age of 18. Whatever happened to the days where you needed parental consent???

I didn't know school nurses were providing this either! I'm a bit outraged that they can provide this without the consent of the parents. I have to sign a consent form if my daughter wants to take a field trip but not this? Wow.

LoverlyJules June 11th, 2013 06:28 PM

I know that our school cannot even give cough drops without parent permission so I doubt we could give plan b. but we are a middle school, so maybe high school is different.

bostoncreampie June 11th, 2013 07:04 PM

I agree, I am not comfortable with this at all. For adults, for sure. But the thought of my daughter being able to do this without my knowledge horrifies me.

bryan and nina June 11th, 2013 09:56 PM

Same here. I don't think your average 15 year old is mature enough to understand how serious the consequence can be. I could see them almost relying on it as a fail safe... I would definitely want a consent form for it in school as well!

yashobo June 12th, 2013 04:24 AM

I think it should only be available to adult who can make informed decision. 15-17 years olds should not have access to it without their parents' consent.

babymama10 June 12th, 2013 08:21 AM

Totally against it...Period!!!
And now that children can get their hands on this drug they will start to use it as birth control like they did with the other type of "plan b" drug that was introduced to the population years and years ago. sadly many deaths are going to occur and children lives may be over before they started....
I think most people STILL think that because a medicine is sold over the counter that it is considered safe. It will be abused, but you watch for awhile the media will hide it.

doremi June 12th, 2013 01:27 PM

I am morally opposed to plan B. I definitely don't think it should be available to anyone under 18.

JillMama June 18th, 2013 08:13 PM

15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no way!!!!!!!!! nothing like that should be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

bostoncreampie June 18th, 2013 08:18 PM

so how did this make it to drug store shelves for kids?