JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Plugged milk duct (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2659583-plugged-milk-duct.html)

Jinnah June 18th, 2013 09:49 AM

Plugged milk duct

I've had a plugged milk duct for several days now, which is the longest I've ever had this happen. I've tried everything I can think of. I've pumped, nursed frequently, taken a hot shower and massaged the sore part... it still hurts. Any other suggestions?

babymama10 June 18th, 2013 10:27 AM

Re: Plugged milk duct

Wow, I remember that pain and frustration. I did everything you just said and it helped. Sorry hon, let me know what finally works tho. I hope you don't have to go to the doctors for this. Its very annoying and hurts.

Jinnah June 18th, 2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymama10 (Post 27457493)
Wow, I remember that pain and frustration. I did everything you just said and it helped. Sorry hon, let me know what finally works tho. I hope you don't have to go to the doctors for this. Its very annoying and hurts.

It's so bad that I can't hold Elijah on that side. DH took my arm and pulled me toward him (gently) and it hurt. It's awful!

bryan and nina June 18th, 2013 10:50 AM

Mine get that bad too where I can't hold her on that side. :( it sucks badly.
Try nursing on all 4s. It's called dangle feeding. I do it on the bed or living room floor. Take a hot shower before if you can. Good luck!!

Jinnah June 18th, 2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan and nina (Post 27457579)
Mine get that bad too where I can't hold her on that side. :( it sucks badly.
Try nursing on all 4s. It's called dangle feeding. I do it on the bed or living room floor. Take a hot shower before if you can. Good luck!!

I'm going to try it... I need something to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mich05 June 18th, 2013 12:07 PM

I don't have any advice, but wanted to agree that it sucks.... and i hope you find a solution real soon

KMH June 18th, 2013 01:55 PM

Ditto, Nina...it really helped me!

yashobo June 19th, 2013 03:56 AM

Ouch, hope that helps. I haven't had that problem with Luyando. Had it just once or twice with dd1.

babymama10 June 19th, 2013 11:02 AM

Jinnah, How are you doing today? Any relief yet?

Jinnah June 19th, 2013 11:11 AM

I'm feeling much better, thank you!! It was a rough few days... it even made me feel sick.

babymama10 June 19th, 2013 11:39 PM

Awl man, Really sorry you had to go threw that? May I ask what finally worked?

Jinnah June 20th, 2013 09:57 AM

I'm not quite sure. One of the many things I tried, LOL.

bryan and nina June 21st, 2013 04:21 AM

So you're not sick anymore? Be careful with that because that's a sign it has turned to mastitis. I've had mastitis twice so far. I get horrible flu like symptoms; chills, aches and a fever. But mine never goes away on its own. Hope you're back to normal! :)

Jinnah June 21st, 2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan and nina (Post 27465189)
So you're not sick anymore? Be careful with that because that's a sign it has turned to mastitis. I've had mastitis twice so far. I get horrible flu like symptoms; chills, aches and a fever. But mine never goes away on its own. Hope you're back to normal! :)

That's what I thought it was, and I was so worried. I even had a couple of small, red splotches! I seriously felt sick. However, I might have just caught what everyone else was sick with (Elijah has RSV, DH and our older kiddies were sick, also). Or maybe the duct became unclogged in time... not sure, but I am glad I feel better and it doesn't hurt anymore... it was awful.

bostoncreampie June 21st, 2013 08:15 PM

I usually get sick when I get clogs. I am glad you are on the mend!

Jinnah June 22nd, 2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostoncreampie (Post 27467476)
I usually get sick when I get clogs. I am glad you are on the mend!

I was completely unaware of that. I wound up telling our pediatrician about it and she said a clog can definitely make you sick. I thought if it made you get sick you had mastitis. Very happy that wasn't the case!