JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Would you put your child up for adoption? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2659743-would-you-put-your-child-up-for-adoption.html)

bostoncreampie June 18th, 2013 08:20 PM

Would you put your child up for adoption?

I'm watching "I'm Having Their Baby" and am curious about adoption. Is there a situation in which you would put a chid up for adoption?

Honestly, I am not sure I could do it in any situation.

doremi June 18th, 2013 10:22 PM

Re: Would you put your child up for adoption?

It would have been up for consideration had I been a very young teen mom. Otherwise, no.

GiaTortilla June 18th, 2013 10:55 PM

Even being a teen mom, no I wouldn't do it. Raising my little girl, I couldn't imagine looking back and giving her up. Unless the circumstances were absolutely dire, as in I had no food & shelter for baby, then perhaps I'd think about it. But I really don't think I could ever go through with it, especially going through pregnancy already.

yashobo June 19th, 2013 03:31 AM

If the situation were dire and I could have my brother or someone I trust adopt her. Really, in my culture, it won't be a formal adoption. Children go and live with other family members all the time but they are still connected to their nuclear family. Can't do adopt to strangers.

KMH June 19th, 2013 05:13 AM

I honestly don't think I could do that in any situation. I have so much admiration for women who can give that gift to someone else, but I don't think I could.

LoverlyJules June 19th, 2013 09:12 AM

At this point in my life, no. Perhaps if I were younger and not in a stable relationship.

Jinnah June 19th, 2013 10:00 AM

I couldn't do it, but I commend those that do. It's such a gift to childless couples.

I was a teen mom in an abusive marriage and I chose to give up the husband, not my baby. I had supportive parents to help me.

babymama10 June 19th, 2013 10:54 AM

I was a teen mom. I was pregnant at 15 and she was born right after my 16th b-day. She is 25 years old now. No way could i give her up. Dh and I got married right after she was born and still are. But I did get a ton of pressure to abort or give baby up from my DH's side but never Dh. My family was as supportive as they could be at the time.
No Way! Like the other girls said for the only reason for me to adopt out is if I had no possible way of feeding and sheltering her at all.
But like Jinnah said I admire the people who do adopt and give their babies to childless couples or families who can provide for them.
Dh and I have talked about adopting off and on over the years and even may get into foster care at some point.

Summerdays12 June 19th, 2013 05:46 PM

I couldn't do it.