JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   magazines (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2665668-magazines.html)

bostoncreampie July 14th, 2013 07:52 PM

magazines

Do you subscribe to any magazines? What about your kids?

I don't, I used to get Mothering Magazine back when they did a hard copy, but they've since gone digital.

My boys get National Geographic for kids.

LoverlyJules July 15th, 2013 01:55 AM

Re: magazines

I get Time and National Geographic.

KMH July 15th, 2013 06:09 AM

We get The Economist, National Geographic, and Outside.

Claire gets National Geographic Kids and Highlights magazine.

marybethsmom July 15th, 2013 10:46 AM

Mary Beth gets Zoobooks and a Disney Princess magazine. I get Real Simple, Glamour, and Redbook. Dh gets hunting mags =)

Summerdays12 July 15th, 2013 11:00 AM

We get fitness and I have no clue how we even subscribed to it...it just started showing up one day. They have great recipes. My daughter gets Teen Vogue and Seventeen.

Jinnah July 15th, 2013 11:56 AM

I used to get a ton of magazines, but I've stopped after they became redundant. Maybe I'll try a different one, soon. I might get the kids National Geographic for kids. The boys want some Lego magazine.

babymama10 July 15th, 2013 12:01 PM

We get Homeschool Enrichment magazine and The old Schoolhouse magazine . And a distant relative keeps buying me Readers Digest subscriptions.
The kids get to buy things at the bookstore.

KMH July 15th, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymama10 (Post 27520402)
We get The old Schoolhouse magazine

I have that on my Kindle! Love it!

babymama10 July 15th, 2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMH (Post 27520434)
I have that on my Kindle! Love it!

Its a great magazine. I have every issue back before they sold them in subscriptions and the family that publishes it is sooooo sweet.
I am so sorry I dropped the ball. I was supposed to recommend some homeschool book titles.
I a sorry I have lost my mind and can't seem to find it these days.
I own just about EVERY book there is on homeschooling unless it was published in the last 2-3 years. I am going to scan my 3,000plus books in my dining room/library today and write the titles that were the best and most helpful.

myfavoriteshoes July 17th, 2013 06:23 AM

I've been subscribed to Today's Parent for years, and now get Vegetarian Times too... And Samuel gets National Geographic Little Kids :)

Pageturner July 18th, 2013 07:57 AM

Not anymore. I used to get Fitness and Self, but I stopped because I didn't want to pay for it again. Self had been a gift from my sister one Christmas. I'm thinking about getting a subscription to something again, I just don't know what yet.