JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   First Birthdays! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2665819-first-birthdays.html)

KMH July 15th, 2013 01:30 PM

First Birthdays!

Anyone planning a first birthday party? Let's hear about it!

marinewife01 July 15th, 2013 02:03 PM

Re: First Birthdays!

I wanna do monkey theme but that's all I know right now. Dreading planning it because I'm not ready for him to be 1 already :-/

LoverlyJules July 15th, 2013 02:11 PM

I am admittedly obsessed with butterflies so we might do something like that. :)

KMH July 15th, 2013 02:16 PM

Monkeys and butterflies are both cute ideas! I have been on Etsy forever and there are so many great ideas I'm having a REALLY hard time narrowing it down ;)

bostoncreampie July 15th, 2013 05:36 PM

I will be honest and say we have never really done themed parties before, for any kids. The closest we got was my 3 year olds birthday, he had care bear cupcake toppers and we made a fruit rainbow.

No ideas yet.

AltMommy July 15th, 2013 06:19 PM

I'm planning on doing a monster theme. Pinterest has given me a million ideas!

marybethsmom July 15th, 2013 07:48 PM

We're doing Sesame Street at a great local park.

babymama10 July 15th, 2013 10:01 PM

I am in major denial that our sweet babes are already this old and want to keep pretending they are not getting older in my little world. LOL

KMH July 16th, 2013 05:42 AM

I have been in denial, too, so I'm getting a late start. We're not even throwing a big party or anything...that's not our style. I do want something cute for them to wear in pictures, though, and even that is hard to decide on!

Jinnah July 16th, 2013 09:32 AM

I haven't decided on a theme (I love picking birthday themes!), but I did buy a birthday bib... it's so cute!!

Jinnah July 16th, 2013 09:41 AM

Okay, I took a look at party supplies. I'm deciding between baby Mickey or a whale theme (both for first birthday's). I think Mickey is cuter, but we've had a whale/ocean theme for Elijah since I was pregnant. Most of his stuff is whale/ocean themed. :P

KMH July 16th, 2013 10:17 AM

I think the ocean theme would be a whale of a good time, LOL ;)

Check out these owl-themed shirts...so cute! They are one of the sets I'm considering.

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...e4565b0ba8.jpg

Jinnah July 16th, 2013 10:20 AM

Those are so cute!!

Which do you like better?

Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday Party Supplies - Party City

Ocean Preppy 1st Birthday Party Supplies - Party City

They didn't make the whale very cute.

KMH July 16th, 2013 10:44 AM

They are both cute! I guess I lean towards the whale theme just because I'm not a big fan of character-themed stuff, but the Baby Mickey stuff is really cute, too!

*sigh* Such difficult First World problems we have :giggle:

LoverlyJules July 16th, 2013 11:06 AM

Hmmmm, my butterfly idea might morph into a "garden" theme ... finding some cute pics online.

jlstebbins July 16th, 2013 08:15 PM

We are going a St. Louis Cardinals theme party! :)

Pageturner July 17th, 2013 03:53 AM

I posted about this in the chit chat thread by accident, but we are doing a mickey theme. I rented a pavilion at the park, right next to the playground, and we are gonna grill out hot dogs. Just inviting family and a few close friends. I'm excited!

yashobo July 17th, 2013 04:02 AM

You ladies are way ahead of me. I have not even considered the idea that my last child is going to be one. Can she be a baby for a month longer? I will get with it eventually. I will probably just take her to get some professional pics and do something with just family or a family friend or two. I try not to overwhelm them for their first birthdays. When they are 3.5 (like my daughter) and start drawing up an invitation list 6 months before their birthday then I get into it with them. My theme is ignore (to some extent) if they have no clue:)

Melissa, those tops are so cute. Love it! Jinnah, I like both but I think I'll go with the whale since that is a "theme" you've had for him since birth.

Jinnah July 17th, 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan P (Post 27524192)
I posted about this in the chit chat thread by accident, but we are doing a mickey theme. I rented a pavilion at the park, right next to the playground, and we are gonna grill out hot dogs. Just inviting family and a few close friends. I'm excited!

Are you getting the cute mickey party supplies from Party City? It's so cute!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yashobo (Post 27524206)
You ladies are way ahead of me. I have not even considered the idea that my last child is going to be one. Can she be a baby for a month longer? I will get with it eventually. I will probably just take her to get some professional pics and do something with just family or a family friend or two. I try not to overwhelm them for their first birthdays. When they are 3.5 (like my daughter) and start drawing up an invitation list 6 months before their birthday then I get into it with them. My theme is ignore (to some extent) if they have no clue:)

Melissa, those tops are so cute. Love it! Jinnah, I like both but I think I'll go with the whale since that is a "theme" you've had for him since birth.

Totally feeling you! We have so little time until they turn one. Definitely want to enjoy it! :)

Jinnah July 26th, 2013 12:41 PM

Bumping for others. :)