JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Juice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2665913-juice.html)

babymama10 July 15th, 2013 10:10 PM

Juice

How do you ladies feel about how and when to give babies juice?
I think we start when baby is 1ish and really watered it down. But I don't really see much need just yet.
How do ya'll feel about it?

doremi July 15th, 2013 10:30 PM

Re: Juice

My older son loves juice a little too much. I'm going to try to offer just water with Jamison for quite awhile. I feel like I introduced juice too soon with Josiah. I prefer not to water juice down, but rather to give less of it in it's fully concentrated form.

yashobo July 16th, 2013 03:55 AM

I already give Luyando watered down version of baby juice. I started giving her water earlier on because she had constipation issues and recently switched to watered down juice because I figure she could do with some extra calories since she is so small. We drink both water and juice at home and dd1 takes both without complaining so figured Luyando too will although I did delay introducing juice to dd1. Really they first offered her at her daycare before I started giving her home.

KMH July 16th, 2013 05:41 AM

Juice just isn't something we do in our house. Claire has had juice maybe 5 times in her life...we're good with water and milk. I do put a little bit of pear juice in George's bottle once in a while when he is having issues with constipation, but that's it.

LoverlyJules July 16th, 2013 08:01 AM

We will give Madalyn juice eventually. I LOVE orange juice so I'm sure Madalyn will drink some juice from time to time. Haven't decided when I'm going to intro it ... Probably after 1 year.

jlstebbins July 16th, 2013 08:11 AM

My dr said its ok to have juice now, but, I really feel it's not necessary. He gets all his vitamins with my milk and his baby food.

And plus...too much juice is not good for babies teeth. (We learned that the hard way with DS1.) He had to get caps put on some of his teeth when he was younger.

bostoncreampie July 16th, 2013 09:05 AM

my 3 and 5 year old get a juice box of 100% juice a day, if we have it in the house at all.

no juice before 1. preferably longer than that.

Jinnah July 16th, 2013 09:14 AM

I tried to give Elijah some water with a touch of 100% pear juice in it (to introduce a sippy cup). He hated it and I haven't tried since. Totally agree that it isn't necessary right now. My older kids love juice, but they only get 100% juice and I limit how much they get.

doremi July 18th, 2013 01:04 AM

Yes, only 100% juice when we drink it in our house too. I don't think I could survive without orange juice!!!

Pageturner July 18th, 2013 07:56 AM

I've given Michael 100 percent apple juice a couple of times when he was constipated, but just a tiny bit. That's the only time he's ever had it, and I don't plan on offering it much. We have plenty of water, juice is just another thing to buy.

Mich05 July 18th, 2013 07:40 PM

Annie doesn't get juice very often, and i think she was close to 2 years old the first time. I imagine Mathieu will be younger just because he has a big sister who will drink some but not until at least 1.

Summerdays12 July 23rd, 2013 04:53 PM

Just water or BM in a cup during meals.