JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Co-sleepers check in (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2674540-co-sleepers-check.html)

Jinnah August 24th, 2013 08:26 AM

Co-sleepers check in

Who is still co-sleeping? How long will you be doing it for? Still loving it?

Belita August 24th, 2013 12:47 PM

We are. I'd like to get back with my husband, at least part of the night, so it can be frustrating but I know I'll miss the snuggles later on.

NewGurl August 24th, 2013 01:37 PM

Re: Co-sleepers check in

we were not in the begining but have been for a while now. to be honest im really not a big fan of cosleeping especilly now that im pregnant.

it was a godsend between months 4 and 8ish because one day he just absolutlly refused to go in the pack n play whouldnt lay on the bed by himself absolutly nothing but me by his side worked. we tried for like 2 weeks to get him back on routine like " good parents" but eventually each night we had to sleep so he ended up in bed with me daddy. we just agreed at one point that it was better just to let him sleep then go through this every night.

but lately Connor wants to be on top of me all night nurseing & its starting to take its toll. the biggest issue is somehow hes taken offense to actually sidelaying. If I try to lay on my side and nurse him he kicks me in the stomach till he goes to sleep. I used to put a body pillow between his lower body and mine and just let him wear himself out. but hes figured out how to move it out of the way now. which yes he does simply so he can continue to kick me. so Im basicly on my back all night with 22 lbs of baby literally across my chest. if he does happen to actually let go of my nipple some time during the night he rolls over onto my stomach which makes me have to pee and since i have to get up to do that he wakes up screaming bloody murder and it all starts agin.

weve tried readjusting him to another sleeping arrangement agin now that hes a little older but its not happening Im lucky just to get an hr or two where he actually rolls of off me. im trying to slowly force it a little bit more at a time becuse i know in 3 or 4 months ill be physicaly incapable of letting him do this. but he is a tiny bit stubborn...... as in hes a ragging typhoon of fury lol.

jlstebbins August 24th, 2013 02:05 PM

Coleson wakes up around 6ish every morning, and I put him in bed with me. I nurse him on my side and back to sleep for him till about 8 or so. :)

Thats the only cosleeping we do in this house and im great with that. When he outgrows that and starts sleeping till 8 without me, I will love that too. :)

bostoncreampie August 24th, 2013 08:02 PM

It has it's challenging but I love it. She starts off in her crib and then I go to bed and she always seems to wake up when I hit the pillow so I bring her in to my bed then. Love snuggling my girl. :wub:

yashobo August 24th, 2013 08:47 PM

Luyando has slept in her crib for the most part but since we traveled back, she's sort of ended up in bed with us but I was actually just thinking of transitioning her back. She sleeps in her crib, just wakes up to nurse 2 or 3 times. I find the waking up tiring but sleeping with her is also tiring because she is a light sleeper so I have to be careful when I turn. Plus she refuses to let me take my nipple out at times and I get tired on lying on one side.

Jinnah August 25th, 2013 12:53 PM

We're still co-sleeping. Neither of us mind... love cuddling with Elijah. He wakes up to eat quite a bit throughout the night, so I'd be a zombie if I had to keep putting him back to bed. We'll stop co-sleeping shortly after he turns one.

doremi August 26th, 2013 03:42 PM

Jamison is in bed with me all night, Josiah sneaks in around 5am when DH leaves for work. Honestly, even though the co-sleeping with Jamison while he is waking to nurse is easier, I'm ready for those days when both boys are in their own room together. This whole burning the wick at both ends thing is wearing on me. Jamison goes to bed fairly late, and then Josiah is up super early. I don't sleep once Josiah crawls into bed with me. AND, Jamison thinks it's playtime anytime DH tries to sleep in bed with me, which is getting old. But yes, I LOVE co-sleeping with Jamison. If it weren't for all the other factors, I'm sure I'd do it far longer than we will probably end up doing it.

bryan and nina August 27th, 2013 07:04 PM

We started off with her sleeping half the night in the cosleeper and half in our bed but it has slowly morphed to her sleeping in bed all night. She likes being close to us!

lovely.carlie August 27th, 2013 07:13 PM

Still at it here!
We tried to transition her to the pack n play with the wait it out method, but it was taking us until 3,4,5 am just to get her to sleep! We tried it for a week and just said forget it. I'm sure when she's old enough she'll be transitioned into her own "Big girl" bed...because I can't see how to do it right now! Plus I do love her snuggles :) :wub: Moving her out of my bed also caused a TON of anxiety! for DH too! He fought with me to be the one who sleeps on the side the pack n play was on so that he could keep an eye on her. Lol.
I do miss my alone time with DH though.