JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Bittersweet Shopping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2674729-bittersweet-shopping.html)

LoverlyJules August 25th, 2013 01:31 PM

Bittersweet Shopping

We went shopping today for food for Madalyn to have at my mom's when I go back to school next week. Kinda bittersweet. My growing girl!! I just want to keep nursing her!! I mean, I am, but obviously she's going to be eating more often now.

bryan and nina August 25th, 2013 02:07 PM

Awe sorry mama!! I see it coming; there will be lots of tears when our littles wean. :( I know I'll be crying.
It's hard feeding them more food but I'm also proud to watch it as well!

yashobo August 25th, 2013 06:16 PM

Re: Bittersweet Shopping

Bless your heart. I am sure she'll make up for your absence once she sees you at the end of the day with a long night nursing.

jlstebbins August 25th, 2013 07:04 PM

Our babies are growing fast!!!

What all did you buy her to eat? Just curious :)

bostoncreampie August 25th, 2013 07:49 PM

Aw. :( I am also curious what you have planned!

Summerdays12 August 25th, 2013 08:31 PM

Yeah..what's on the menu? I'm sorry you're feeling a bit sad...hugs.

LoverlyJules August 26th, 2013 07:23 PM

Well, Madalyn is a bit behind on the solids thing, so we bought some baby food - squash, apples/pears, sweet potato, apples/peaches/banana, yogurt melts, puffs, brown rice cereal to mix with my BM since she's not real big on drinking BM out of a sippy and doesn't want a bottle anymore.

She survived the first day fine ... but she definitely missed me. She nursed 4 times in about 3 1/2 hours tonight. Made me feel good, but boy am I tired!! Hoping she sleeps well tonight!

Forgot - My mom ordered some gluten-free pancake mix and is going to try to make that (maybe using BM).

jlstebbins August 27th, 2013 06:33 AM

Glad it all went well!!

Coleson loves pancakes too!! :)

KMH August 27th, 2013 06:52 AM

Aw, I'm glad your first day went well! I hope the rest of the week goes well, too, and then I'm sure you'll both enjoy a 3-day weekend :wub:

LoverlyJules August 27th, 2013 05:06 PM

We actually get Friday off so it's a 4 day weekend! :D Better enjoy it since we have no other days off in September! :p

bryan and nina August 27th, 2013 06:10 PM

Yay that should help a bit, having Friday off.

Emmy has been the same way, btw; she doesn't want a bottle anymore but I can't get her to drink much milk out of her sippy. She wants water in that. Lol