JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Sleep? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2678823-sleep.html)

firstxmommy September 13th, 2013 08:04 PM

Sleep?

Hi guys!

Is everyone finally well rested with sleeping through the night babies??? Well, I'm not! :( Mikey is still waking up every 3-4 hours. He's getting all 4 teeth at the top in at the same time. I'm hoping this is why he's not sttn. What about you and your baby? What am I doing wrong????

KMH September 13th, 2013 08:17 PM

Oh poor Mikey! Four teeth has to be really rough...I would definitely think that has a lot to do with him not sleeping well. I hope those teeth hurry up so you can both get some rest soon :hug:

Jinnah September 13th, 2013 10:04 PM

Re: Sleep?

You aren't doing anything wrong! Elijah wakes up quite a bit throughout the night, also. I'm just hanging in there, because I know he'll grow out of it, soon.

Glad to see you on here!

bryan and nina September 14th, 2013 05:34 AM

Same here. Still up an average of 3x a night! It comes and goes; I'm just glad it's not every 1-2 hours anymore like a couple of weeks ago when her second top tooth came in!
I hang on to the fact that they will sttn one day! ;)

yashobo September 14th, 2013 11:45 AM

Yes, babies are different and some of it has absolutely nothing to do with us. My first started sleeping through the night before 6 months whereas Luyando still wakes up to eat 2ce. Like others said, it will end one day until then, hang in there.

Mich05 September 14th, 2013 06:26 PM

Mathieu stil wakes up in the night..... sometimes i don't have to go in, but i always have to go in at least once to twice a night. Sometimes he's up between 1 and 2hours last night he was awake from 1:45 untl 4:30.... i was zombie today and am going to bed as soon as he settles - he is still babbling in bed.

firstxmommy September 15th, 2013 12:20 PM

Thanks so much guys. My mom calls Mikey the google/message board baby since I'm always telling her what info I've found online or on here. Lol. I feel so bad for him. There are now 6 teeth. The 2 at the top are almost all the way out but now I see 2 more. Poor baby. You guys are so right, our babies will all be sttn soon. Praise God!

jlstebbins September 15th, 2013 08:41 PM

Praise God our babies will sttn soon!!! Oh soooo soon!!! :)

michellelove0502 September 20th, 2013 08:06 PM

Jayden has 8 teeth and I did notice he would toss and turn when he was teething, that is his only teething symptom lately. He's been STTN since about 4 months. We have a routine and that seems to help. Do you have any kind of routine?

firstxmommy September 30th, 2013 01:17 PM

I went to ER yesterday and thought about this thread. The nurse asked if Mikey was sttn. I said no. I talked to her a little bit about my suspected reasons why he wasn't. She asked if I got him out of bed at night when he cried and I replied "yes." I'm familiar with the cry it out method, it's just not for us. Anyway, she pretty much told me (her opinion) that unless I stopped feeding him when he woke up that he would always wake in the middle of the night. Yikes! I pretty much take everyone with a grain of salt, unless I know you and truly trust your experience, opinion, perspective. But, I hear what people have to say and of course I thought about me giving in to him wanting a bottle (even if everyone says he's not hungry at 1 year old) and if that's why he's still not sttn. Please Lord let me just get 5 hours. I'll feel like a new woman! Lol.

bostoncreampie September 30th, 2013 01:27 PM

ruby is up all night. the best she does is 2 hours. sometimes every hour.

Jinnah September 30th, 2013 03:24 PM

I fed my babies when they woke up. They eventually slept through the night, anyway. I would do what you feel comfortable with! Don't worry about naysayers unless it's a safety issue!

Why'd you go to the ER? Everything okay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostoncreampie (Post 27692791)
ruby is up all night. the best she does is 2 hours. sometimes every hour.

Elijah is up all night, also. It's not a problem, IMO.

LoverlyJules September 30th, 2013 06:13 PM

Sorry he's having a rough time. Madalyn sleeps very well, and trust me, it's nothing special I'm doing ... I think all these babies have their own sleep clock!