JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Baby dedication today! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2679120-baby-dedication-today.html)

Jinnah September 15th, 2013 01:12 PM

Baby dedication today!

We had Elijah's baby dedication at church, today! It was awesome... I really liked what the pastor said (other people did, also, as I was told later). Elijah was the only baby being dedicated during that service. They had his picture up on the screen with his name, and the pastor said awesome things, asked us awesome things, and prayed with us. Then they gave Elijah a gift (a lamb lovey that says "Jesus Loves Me" and a photo frame) and his certificates. I loved everything about it. The pastor says a verse for each baby (after praying about it) and he talked about Elijah being a restorer. I loved it!

Has anyone else had a baby dedication?

KMH September 15th, 2013 02:00 PM

Re: Baby dedication today!

Aw, I'm glad everything went well!

The twins were baptized back in June when we went back to see our families.

doremi September 15th, 2013 07:04 PM

Our baby dedication was today too! Jamison got a leather Bible with his name engraved on the front. My Grandpa (Jamison's Great-Grandpa) was here visiting from California and got to attend the dedication.

Belita September 15th, 2013 07:17 PM

I'm Catholic so we have baptisms. Sean was baptised in July.

Jinnah September 15th, 2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doremi (Post 27657092)
Our baby dedication was today too! Jamison got a leather Bible with his name engraved on the front. My Grandpa (Jamison's Great-Grandpa) was here visiting from California and got to attend the dedication.

Really?! That's so funny!

Your post reminded me... there was a little Bible in the gift bag for Elijah!

marybethsmom September 16th, 2013 10:12 AM

So sweet! We had both our girls dedicated back on Mother's Day. They received Bible's too as well as letters from the pastor to open on the day of their salvation-how cool is that?

yashobo September 16th, 2013 01:03 PM

Congrats Elijah:) Luyando had her dedication the week before mother's day. She received a bible too.

Jinnah September 16th, 2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marybethsmom (Post 27658434)
So sweet! We had both our girls dedicated back on Mother's Day. They received Bible's too as well as letters from the pastor to open on the day of their salvation-how cool is that?

That is REALLY cool!