JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Decorating for the holidays (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2689910-decorating-for-holidays.html)

bryan and nina November 3rd, 2013 02:54 AM

Decorating for the holidays

Who here goes all out with decorations? Either fall/thanksgiving, or Christmas? I'd love to see some pics! :)
We don't decorate much at all. :( I'd love to but we live on a country road, not in a neighborhood, so I feel like the decorations would just be for us and for some reason, I just lack motivation. ;) I'd love to start decorating more, now that we have a little one. ;) I did make a fall wreath a few days ago and I'm planning on making a Christmas one soon.

LoverlyJules November 3rd, 2013 06:59 AM

Re: Decorating for the holidays

We don't decorate for any holidays except Christmas. We put up a tree and I have a wreath that my dad made that we hang on the door.

We do host Thanksgiving, but we don't decorate ... just make a bunch of food! :p

KMH November 3rd, 2013 07:44 AM

I decorate for Fall...wreaths on the doors, fall rugs, fake fall leaves wound around the banisters, etc. We decorate for Christmas usually the day or two after Thanksgiving once we've finished eating all the pie ;) I really love Fall/Thanksgiving, so it is hard not to go overboard.

Belita November 3rd, 2013 01:51 PM

I just did pumpkins on the front steps for our fall decorations. I go all out for Christmas! Every room in the house gets decorated. We didn't last year because Sean was a newborn but this year I plan to do everything again. We don't have a lot of guests, but it makes me happy. We live on a major road so the outside does get seen and I want that to look nice. We decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving.

bostoncreampie November 3rd, 2013 07:33 PM

I used to only do a Christmas tree but with the kids getting older I was motivated to decorate my mantle a bit for fall and will continue to do so for all the holidays. It wasn't anything over the top, just some garland on the fireplace, a little scarecrow, a basket of fake pumpkins, etc...

Zukin November 3rd, 2013 08:31 PM

DH and I usually do, but I'm not sure what we'll do this year living with my parents.

Summerdays12 November 3rd, 2013 10:25 PM

Yes we sure do! Except form this year. The move really is shaking things up:(

babymama10 November 4th, 2013 08:14 AM

We start right after Thanksgiving.
Nina, we always lived way out in the country and still decorated. Even before we had so many children. It feels so "homey" around Christmas and happy to do this even when there isnt money for high end decorations and gifts. So many things can be made these days with crafts and things from the woods.
Not many people saw our house because we lived off the beaten path but it was still so worth it. Especially for the pictures of the children in the house around Christmas time. It brings back such lovely memories.

yashobo November 4th, 2013 10:46 AM

We do decorations only for xmas. I wish I did more in the other seasons. For xmas, we have the xmas tree, wreath on door, and I put red ribbons on the pines trees in our yard (we have about 7 of them). Dh usually does the outside lights.