JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Christmas time! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2691247-christmas-time.html)

bostoncreampie November 8th, 2013 07:17 PM

Christmas time!

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, when do you...

Start listening to Christmas music?
Decorate your house?
Put up the Christmas tree?
Start Christmas shopping?

Jinnah November 9th, 2013 10:32 AM

Re: Christmas time!

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, when do you...

Start listening to Christmas music? I don't really start that until December, but I heard some at Kohl's last night.
Decorate your house? December 1stish (lol). We've done some decorating after Thanksgiving a couple of times.
Put up the Christmas tree? About two weeks before Christmas... might be later this year because Elijah will really want to play with it.
Start Christmas shopping? I love when I start (and finish) in October, but this year I am just now starting. Actually, I decided to save a few birthday presents for Christmas because we had too many, so I guess I did start in October... maybe even September.

yashobo November 9th, 2013 12:56 PM

Start listening to Christmas music? In December; sometime in the beginning of the month
Decorate your house? After thanksgiving to first week in december
Put up the Christmas tree? Same time as above
Start Christmas shopping? Normally I start accumulating stuff as I see it throughout the year. The move has not helped any this year but I got some stuff and still need to get a bunch.

LoverlyJules November 9th, 2013 01:20 PM

Start listening to Christmas music? NEVER!! :p Only when I'm shopping. Although, I will admit that I love "O Holy Night" and it makes me cry every time!! :heart:

Decorate your house? Depends ... we only really do a tree, so usually just like a week before Christmas.

Put up the Christmas tree? See above :)

Start Christmas shopping? Beginning of December-ish

jlstebbins November 9th, 2013 06:42 PM

Start listening to Christmas music? After Thanksgiving!...(especially when decorating the house on black friday)

Decorate your house? Black Friday morning!! :) SOoooooooo fun!!

Put up the Christmas tree? Black Friday morning!

Start Christmas shopping? Started last weekend! :)

Belita November 11th, 2013 02:37 PM

No music or decorations until after Thanksgiving.

I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to start shopping because I have a tendency to give people their presents early, but this year shopped for kids already because of those Fisher Price coupons. :)

babymama10 November 12th, 2013 07:53 PM

Wow!!!you ladies are on the ball with your shopping. I start when I feel like it and have not really felt like shopping. What's wrong with me? Lol