JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/)
-   -   How do you guys keep our older babies arm at sleep time? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1771-october-2012-playroom/2714444-how-do-you-guys-keep-our-older-babies-arm-sleep-time.html)

babymama10 March 29th, 2014 05:58 PM

How do you guys keep our older babies arm at sleep time?

When Emma was younger we used to put her in a "tater sack" zip up thing to keep her warm. But now she gets all twisted up in it and wakes up. So she sleeps in her footed one piece jammies but when I check on her she is out of her blankets and all balled up and cold. :( It kills me to think she was cold and not covered and warm. How do you guys keep your babies at this age warm?

LoverlyJules March 29th, 2014 07:14 PM

Re: How do you guys keep our older babies arm at sleep time?

Zipadeezip!!

www.zipadeezip.com

It is AWESOME! Madalyn has been wearing hers since 6 months old.

Jinnah March 30th, 2014 10:32 AM

Elijah is still co-sleeping with us, so he stays warm. Once our kiddies sleep alone, we get the footed pj's with long sleeves... the ones with the zipper. There are ones with thicker material to stay warm.

alybr March 31st, 2014 05:39 AM

Footed pjs, but find that's not enough for her. She wakes up in the night with her blankets off cold quite a bit.. Sometimes ill bring her in bed with us and she stays toasty that way, I just can't get a good night sleep that way usually. Sorry I'm not of help:(

Jinnah March 31st, 2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alybr (Post 28022976)
Footed pjs, but find that's not enough for her. She wakes up in the night with her blankets off cold quite a bit.. Sometimes ill bring her in bed with us and she stays toasty that way, I just can't get a good night sleep that way usually. Sorry I'm not of help:(

Have you tried the really thick ones?

yashobo March 31st, 2014 08:06 PM

Luyando sleeps in 2 footed jammies. Really, she has a cotton onesie underneath, a light cotton footed jammies and then a bigger-sized flannel footed jammies on top of that. With dd1, I did just the onesie and flannel footed jammies and she had a cold continually through the winter. Luyando had rarely had a cold unless it's teething related so I think our bundling up helped. Now that Spring is coming (knock on wood) we'll probably do just onesies and a footed jammies and then eventually just her cotton jammies. She actually now started staying under her comforter so most times she is covered by her comforter still in the morning.

ladytack April 7th, 2014 07:29 AM

Fleece footed jammies for my girl. It's not a perfect solution but they do okay. She kicks her blankets off for sure during the night. It breaks my heart if her little feet are cold in the morning when I change her.

Tweak0605 April 8th, 2014 09:05 AM

Over the winter, we doubled up on PJs. She would wear a two piece long sleeve/pant combo, and then put a fleece sleeper over it. We kept the house at 68-70, and she never stays under the covers, so we figured this would keep her warm. Now that it's getting warmer out (woohoo!!) we can probably ditch the 2 piece PJs underneath.

KMH April 8th, 2014 04:31 PM

Footed pjs here, too. Also before DH and I go to bed we re-cover them with blankets since they have usually kicked them off by then. Thankfully it is warming up...last night they slept in short-sleeved onesies and pants!

alybr April 9th, 2014 04:42 PM

I found some really thick pjs and they seem to be working a little better... In the summer DH loves to turn down the air so its absolutely freezing, so ill probably use these even when it warms up more...

babymama10 April 14th, 2014 09:03 PM

My husband also like the house like a meat locker in the summer. I will have to keep her bundled still for sure. The last few nights when I check on Emma before I flop into bed I noticed she is finally keeping herself covered up with her blankets. She is so cute all snuggled up in her baby soft blankets.

JillMama April 21st, 2014 01:38 PM

Fleece footed jammies, we keep his room at 70 to sleep in, he runs pretty hot though. When I put a blanket on him, he just ends up snuggling it instead.