JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Finding out or Surprise? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2621326-finding-out-surprise.html)

i:heart:you February 2nd, 2013 03:23 PM

Finding out or Surprise?

Are you finding out the gender or waiting?

Wanta.number2 February 2nd, 2013 03:44 PM

Re: Finding out or Surprise?

Definitely finding out... I am too much of a planner!

Kelsie February 2nd, 2013 03:46 PM

Waiting!

CountryMedic911 February 2nd, 2013 03:53 PM

Finding out! There is no way I could wait!

soul_donut February 2nd, 2013 04:07 PM

Finding out FOR SURE. I don't think I could wait if I tried. :) Neither could my husband.

ETA: I really like the idea of using he or she vs it or the baby etc. I have found myself using "he" by accident already.. Hmm

MadMay February 2nd, 2013 04:08 PM

Waiting!

happywife February 2nd, 2013 04:25 PM

We are waiting here... well at least I am. I told DH he could know... I trust him that he wont tell me or even hint. He an keep a secret like ft. knox!

AviatrixMorgan February 2nd, 2013 04:32 PM

We will find out.

How we will find out, I'm not certain yet though. I've thought of a few scenarios. While I feel like we will have another boy, there is a part of me who will always want a girl--and I don't want to be upset during the u/s if it is indeed another boy. I'm ok if it is, but I'm not sure how I'll react initially. So I've thought of having them put it in an envelope so I can have my reaction in private--but at the same time I think I'll need to see the screen for confirmation! So then I thought maybe I'd sneak off and have a 3D one done before the 20 week one, but then I hate doing that and DH not being with me and would feel guilty! So...I don't know how it'll play out.

SierraWinter February 2nd, 2013 04:44 PM

Finding out! I like boy and girl cloths, I dont want all gender neutral. We'll find out in 9 more months anyways :p

anothermother February 2nd, 2013 05:11 PM

Finding out!!

2Corinthians10:4 February 2nd, 2013 05:30 PM

I would be okay with waiting but Dh really wants to find out so we will.

Fortroseberry February 2nd, 2013 06:04 PM

I don't think I have a choice, I'm kind of a pro at it by now. The last 3 I saw the sex before they told me at the u/s. my husband suggested I not look, but I'd like to see him try and stop me :hahano:

drewbears February 2nd, 2013 06:07 PM

I think we will wait. We got rid of everything so we are starting over anyway. Its easy to get gender neutral stuff I suppose.

Mountain Momma February 2nd, 2013 06:14 PM

We will wait, the suprise is the best part!

WorkerBeeMama February 2nd, 2013 09:21 PM

Finding out!!

Miss Bliss February 2nd, 2013 10:28 PM

Not sure yet. Want to have the surprise but we are super impatient!

sweety_pie February 3rd, 2013 03:06 AM

Would find out if we could...but the hospital here doesn't tell you. So unless I can convince DH to take me 4 hours away and pay 200.00 for an elective 3d u/s I guess we are team green!:rolleyes:

MarchMom2007 February 3rd, 2013 05:55 AM

Definitely waiting here. I actually don't think I will even be having an U/S at all. I will be going with homebirth midwives instead of an OB. I am "advanced maternal age" though, which technically puts me into a higher risk category, but I don't think that should matter. Hoping so anyway!

Spero February 3rd, 2013 06:01 AM

Finding out! While part of me would love to wait and be surprised the planner in me would not be able to handle it! :) Plus, it will technically be a surprise the day we find out and it gives us something to look forward to in the middle of these long 9 months!

Thunderlily February 3rd, 2013 12:01 PM

Undecided.. I've done it both ways and there are advantages to both ways.

I like to journal about my pregnancy and each of my children have a baby book that I start before they're even born... so, for that and for the sake of calling the baby by name I'd love to know ahead of time.

But I'm still undecided because I love a good surprise too :rolleyes: