JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Preggie Pops (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2622180-preggie-pops.html)

BelloFiglioLA February 5th, 2013 08:00 AM

Preggie Pops

Anyone else try them? I never heard of them before my BFF suggested them on Sunday. I have been so nauseous and they work pretty well for me! I got them at Babies R US. Just thought I'd throw it out there to you other nauseous preggos ;)

drewbears February 5th, 2013 10:18 AM

Re: Preggie Pops

I tried the with one of my kids... I think #5, I found them to not help and were over priced. I found jolly ranchers to work better.

OrangeHope February 5th, 2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewbears (Post 27056629)
I tried the with one of my kids... I think #5, I found them to not help and were over priced. I found jolly ranchers to work better.

This is what I've heard too. However I've never tried either and if m/s is as bad as my pregnancy with DD I will be willing to try anything!

BelloFiglioLA February 5th, 2013 10:36 AM

They were expensive but I swear they help me. Maybe because they make me burp a lot?

drewbears February 5th, 2013 10:42 AM

I think the theory behind them is that when you suck on things it helps nausea. Like my daughter gets really bad motion sickness/carsick, when we are on a longer than normal trip, she had to have mints to suck on.

With baby #6 I found lemon drops to help till a certain point. I thing ginger flavored altoids.

MarchMom2007 February 5th, 2013 12:34 PM

I tried them with my first and couldn't stand the sour flavors. The sweet ones were yummy, but I think any hard candy/lollipop would work though. I just bought some crystallized ginger to have on hand now that I am nauseous. I think I will buy some hard candy mints too. Ginger Altoids sound divine actually. Thanks for the idea Drewbears!

Spyctre February 5th, 2013 01:45 PM

Didn't work with me, but I had hyperemesis gravidarum. Not even surgery worked for me. lol

WorkerBeeMama February 5th, 2013 01:48 PM

I have never tried them. I hear that sucking on any candy should help so I am going to try that this time :)

Allisonjuly February 5th, 2013 03:25 PM

I agree with above. I tried them back in 2005 when I had to order them online for $50 and they didn't really work. During my last pg I tried jolly ranchers and they worked better.

Ame C February 5th, 2013 05:19 PM

Sometimes bubblegum helped me. Unsalted sunflower seeds would also help but I remember having to eat them SLOWLY, like 1 seed at a time.

SierraWinter February 5th, 2013 08:16 PM

I haven't heard of them. I've been sucking on the hard peppermint candies since mint is calming, they actually help some. I haven't braved my way into Babies R Us yet!