JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   backaches anyone? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2627615-backaches-anyone.html)

soul_donut February 20th, 2013 03:52 PM

backaches anyone?

For the last couple days, I have had a bachache. I thought resting it would help - nope. So I went to the gym - nope. I just went out and bought some tylenol and popped one 500mg tablet - let's hope that works. It's so frustrating! Pre-pregnancy I would have considered perhaps a toke or two to loosen it up, but that's out obviously. I don't really like tylenol though and find it doesn't normally work for me (I'm an ibuprofin person, normally). I'm going to prep dinner now, and afterward, take a hot shower and heat up the heating pad. I feel bad going to all these lengths to basically just lay around when my DH is coming home now from working 12 hours to work some more, until 10 pm. Things are so tough for him at work, I want to be bustling around doing stuff too. Dumb backache.. I don't have any cramping so I'm not concerned about it being bad, just terribly annoying and sore.

Anyone else getting back pain this early?

Wanta.number2 February 20th, 2013 04:03 PM

Re: backaches anyone?

I had one for a bit today, not fun when you're dropping off kids at 7 a.m for school and doing errands and whatnot.

Irshtripletsmommy February 20th, 2013 04:55 PM

I do but it's not the lower back, it's higher-not sure if it's bad posture or what but when I lay down it gets better.

islandbaby February 20th, 2013 05:26 PM

Yes, I have been having lower back pain on and off. It's quite annoying having it this early on, that's for sure!!!

Maenfayne February 20th, 2013 08:11 PM

Yep, backaches from hell over here. Lower back, can't get comfortable laying down, sitting, standing, nada. I want to take a nice hot bath but well... the bath is kinda gross and I'm too lazy to wash it. Haha showers for me.

I hope your bath and heating pad help.

lindsaylyn February 21st, 2013 05:52 AM

I have back problems when I am not pregnant, you should see a chiropractor! That is what I do. I go twice a week right now.

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsaylyn (Post 27118209)
I have back problems when I am not pregnant, you should see a chiropractor! That is what I do. I go twice a week right now.

No harm to the baby @ the chiropractor? That sounds sooo nice.

Lemon February 21st, 2013 06:12 AM

Our whole family sees a chiropractor! It really helps your body and immune system function at the optimal levels.
I think it will be heavenly in the 3rd trimester when things are super uncomfy.

Wren February 21st, 2013 06:29 AM

One of my least favorite things about pregnancy is not being able to take ibuprofen. I get wicked headaches and tylenol does nothing for me.

lindsaylyn February 21st, 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_donut (Post 27118225)
No harm to the baby @ the chiropractor? That sounds sooo nice.

Nope, just let them know you are pregnant. With Jack, I got nervous about it as I got bigger, but I plan to go the entire time this time around. It is supposed to make your delivery easier too.

I love hearing my back crackle and pop when he adjusts me LOL it feels so good!

drewbears February 21st, 2013 09:03 AM

I get low low back pain early on that will last through the pregnancy. I can already feel stuff loosening there now.

Now I have had back pain since yesterday from throwing up so much monday and tuesday. :(

jamieshalon2 February 21st, 2013 09:31 AM

My back has been hurting for the past couple of days too. Just a dull aching throb. It is really getting annoying.