JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Another STRANGE thing about my appointment. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2627704-another-strange-thing-about-my-appointment.html)

Spyctre February 20th, 2013 10:36 PM

Another STRANGE thing about my appointment.

So I was asked the first day of my cycle. It started with a miscarriage on December 9th, I ovulated on January 8th, due October 1st.

They told me that the miscarriage was not the first day of my cycle. Asked me, "Are you counting that just because you bled?"

"....um...yeah? My uterus evacuated all that lining and blood... Lasted 9 days. December 9th, cycle day 1."

"Well, that's not the first day of your last cycle."

"Ooooookay. Sometime in October I had another case of my lining ruining my day. I ovulated about 28 days later around Thanksgiving. Got pregnant, lost it December 9th, the day that was not the first day of this cycle. I've since ovulated a SECOND time this cycle. It was in January."

"Mam, we have to put something on here."

*sigh* "Christmas 2012. Mother Nature left me a 'present.'"

"Okay so your dates are off--"

"Miscarriage. Ovulated January 8th."

"We'll just get you an ultrasound. So how long are your cycles?"

How am I not doing these peoples' jobs?

Iluvmybabies* February 20th, 2013 11:12 PM

Re: Another STRANGE thing about my appointment.

That's so confusing I hope you get it all figured out!

Spyctre February 21st, 2013 02:52 AM

I hope they do. lol

islandbaby February 21st, 2013 04:15 AM

Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating that is!!! Why do they have to put down something for the first day of your last period anyway, especially if you know when you ovulated??? That just does NOT make any sense to me?!

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 05:48 AM

Umm... are you sure you want them around your lady bits? They seem confused. In general I like anybody down there to know what they're doing. ;)

MarchMom2007 February 21st, 2013 05:53 AM

Yikes! I had to go get a "proof of pregnancy" test done at a Planned Parenthood yesterday and she wouldn't believe me that I ovulated a week late. She put down on the paper that I am 7 weeks pregnant, even though I had a blood pregnancy test when I would have been 14DPO and it was negative. I was in reality only 7DPO and it was just too early. I peed on a stick at 10DPO and got a faint positive so I KNOW when I O'd, and I KNOW exactly how far along I am. Offices that argue with you when you know your body drive me absolutely bat s**t crazy!!!

2Corinthians10:4 February 21st, 2013 06:44 AM

That's annoying. I hope they get their heads out of their butts soon and figure it out, I might consider switching practices if I were you. I had a midwife at an Army hospital look at me like I grew two heads when I told her I used FAM for bc. She asked me what that was and I explained I charted...she said she had never heard of charting to not get pregnant. That is one of the many reasons I decided I will not deliver there.

Wren February 21st, 2013 07:25 AM

That was like my pregnancy with my daughter. I told them that I had six week cycles and I knew exactly when I ovulated from charting and OPK tests, but they still dated the pregnancy based on my LMP, making it two weeks off. They said they would change it later if measurements matched my estimate. I was like...okay, if that makes you feel better you do that.

Allisonjuly February 21st, 2013 07:28 AM

What I hate is I knew the exact day my youngest was conceived and it was three days earlier than LMP put it. They wouldn't listen to me. Then the due date was written down two days later than it should have been. The u/s tech tells me he's measuring a week ahead. Wow.

FishermansWife4 February 21st, 2013 07:36 AM

..... :hug: I am praying things get sorted out for you soon.

Anitha February 21st, 2013 08:44 AM

Stupid Dr's offices are obcessed with the first day of LMP!! I hope they figure it out.

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anitha (Post 27118686)
Stupid Dr's offices are obcessed with the first day of LMP!! I hope they figure it out.

Ha, especially if it was a situation like you only DTD on a couple days in the month, say if you or your SO were traveling, etc. Do you think in that case they'd still hammer the LMP date in stone? Geezzz.

Lemon February 21st, 2013 09:01 AM

That's super annoying. :hug:

Daisee37 February 21st, 2013 09:07 AM

I actually just lie about it. But that's because we do IUI with triggered ovulation, so I'm 100% certain about my O date. Then I just count back 2 weeks from that day and say that was the first day of my LMP. Since that's all they want anyway--a date from which they can accurately date the pregnancy. So if you know you ovulated Jan 8, just count back 2 weeks and tell them that date instead and they should shut up about it.

anothermother February 21st, 2013 09:09 AM

I fudged my LMP with my 1st born because I ovulated 4 days early. Had they put down my LMP EDD she would have been 4 days early, but by my ovulation she was born right on her EDD. :)

drewbears February 21st, 2013 10:21 AM

what the heck? I think I would have been so frustrated I would have walked out and found a new practice!

WorkerBeeMama February 21st, 2013 10:56 AM

I don't tell them my LMP. I just tell them when I know I ovulated! I have delayed ovulation and a lot of health care professionals are morons.

Spyctre February 21st, 2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisee37 (Post 27118823)
I actually just lie about it. But that's because we do IUI with triggered ovulation, so I'm 100% certain about my O date. Then I just count back 2 weeks from that day and say that was the first day of my LMP. Since that's all they want anyway--a date from which they can accurately date the pregnancy. So if you know you ovulated Jan 8, just count back 2 weeks and tell them that date instead and they should shut up about it.

That's why I told her to put Christmas. ;)