JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   how many tests have you taken? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2628006-how-many-tests-have-you-taken.html)

~*Nicole*~ February 21st, 2013 01:43 PM

how many tests have you taken?

I'm sure there's other POAS addicts in this ddc.... so, how many tests have you taken this pregnancy? Are you done or are you going to take more just for fun ;)?

MarchMom2007 February 21st, 2013 01:52 PM

Re: how many tests have you taken?

Oh my, I have taken at least a dozen if not more. I am done though. Monday I was feeling freaked out that I still wasn't feeling much in the way of symptoms, so I took my last FRER and it came up a blaring, blazing positive immediately, before the control line even came up. I am done. :p

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 01:55 PM

5?;)

anothermother February 21st, 2013 02:13 PM

ugh... you don't want to know. it's embarrassing. I might have lost count too..... but the last one I took was Monday just to see how dark it was gonna be and I was satisfied with the result so no more :)

Iluvmybabies* February 21st, 2013 02:18 PM

Oh I lost count a while ago probably like 60 uggg I will probably take a couple more but I'm facing the hook effect and it scares me so I think I MIT be done testing soon lol

~*Nicole*~ February 21st, 2013 02:26 PM

I think I've taken somewhere around 20 :x I had about 12 positive tests in my makeup bag the other day and my husband happened to see them. His eyes got big and he asked me how many tests I had taken... so I threw them all out except one and I'm DONE testing... for today ;)

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 02:26 PM

omg I thought 5 was a lot!!

My dh saw the box in the trash and gave me an earful. "you are literally pissing $6 away every time you do that". He has a point! hahaha

anothermother February 21st, 2013 02:27 PM

If it makes you feel better I only bought one box of the frer, the rest were either wondfo or dollar store tests ;)

Iluvmybabies* February 21st, 2013 02:28 PM

Mine are Internet cheapies so only 30 cents each but I have taken 5 FRER and 2 digis

~*Nicole*~ February 21st, 2013 02:30 PM

I'll admit that most of mine were answer or frer, but i used coupons so i saved a little :D

soul_donut February 21st, 2013 02:36 PM

Oh! That does seem better, at 30 cents. I burned through the internet cheapies so my rationale was, ok - don't buy internet cheapies if you want to make it through the month sane b/c you'll test every day. So I would go to Target and buy a box once a month and see. Then when I got that positive it was basically me just wasting 20 dollars. Oh well! What's peed on is peed on and spent.

Lemon February 21st, 2013 02:41 PM

Hmm, 3 FRER and then 5 dollar store tests.
I am actively fighting the urge to buy more, lol.

jennyrae03 February 21st, 2013 02:44 PM

Somewhere in the vicinity of 15? However, the first 10 were negative, so it's a good thing I kept trying! The last two was me being paranoid and wanting to make sure I was still pregnant. Like others, the positive line came up before the whole test strip was even moist! I'm done now...I think. :)

GlitterStorm February 21st, 2013 02:44 PM

I took 25 internet cheapies, 8 FRER, 6 walmart 88 cents tests, 4 dollar tree tests and 1 digital. Total of 44 pregnancy tests.

I also took 3 OPKs because I like seeing how dark the test line is and how faint the control line is.

sweety_pie February 21st, 2013 05:24 PM

I only took 2 dollar store cheap tests!! :P

Valley83 February 21st, 2013 05:49 PM

I've done 6. I had stopped at 4 but then I had spotting and got scared so I bought two more. I am done though.

*Lana* February 21st, 2013 05:50 PM

2-3 cheapies, 3 Answer, 2 FRER and 1 digital (2 cheapies, 1 Answer and a digi were all in the same few hours because I was in shock).

OMGITSTWINS February 21st, 2013 05:56 PM

I only took ONE digital one and boyfriend had to talk me into that. But they took one my regular doctor urine and blood all came up positive . blood with crazy high numbers which got me in with my OB faster and she is my friend (cough cough, house calls everyday to check on me) thats how we discovered the twins . I called her and told her my Beta numbers were like 10,000 and she came over with her portable ultrasound machine then when she thought she saw three she said come on I know it is sat but we are going to my office and she verified twins with a third empty sac. But I seriously only took one test on my own, thought about taking another but I have already seen the small fries so no need to test anymore

islandbaby February 21st, 2013 06:04 PM

I've actually only taken one, but I'm seriously considering going to the nurse on Tuesday and letting them do another one, just because I really don't feel that pregnant!

The Purple Butterfly February 21st, 2013 06:06 PM

I probably peed on 20 tests. :ph34r: