JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Everyone but me... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2635933-everyone-but-me.html)

1fabulousfem March 19th, 2013 04:39 AM

Everyone but me...

It seems like everyone but me has either seen their OB or has had their first US already.
My OB won't see me until I'm 10 weeks which is the 3rd of April and I'll have my NT scan on April 19th.
I wish there was a way for me to know that everything is okay since my two will be so closely spaced and since I have fibroids.
Am I overreacting here? Anyone else in the same boat?

WhitneysMommy2011 March 19th, 2013 04:42 AM

Re: Everyone but me...

I would feel the same way! I hope these next few weeks go by fast for you, so you can get a little peace of mind!

sweety_pie March 19th, 2013 04:45 AM

I was the same for all my other pregnancies, but I never thought anything of it then. The only reason I was seen early and had an early u/s was due to 2 losses within 3 months.

Allisonjuly March 19th, 2013 05:24 AM

When we were military they wouldn't see me until 10 weeks. It will be okay. Remember to call them if you have any problems. A couple of times I had spotting before my first appt and they saw me immediately for an u/s.

Seasaidh March 19th, 2013 05:56 AM

I was 9wk 5d when I got my first appt, and they didn't want to do anything but interview me! I had to beg, and only then did they get out the doppler.

Finding the heartbeat helped a lot tho. See if you can get them to check for it at the 10wk.

jamieshalon2 March 19th, 2013 06:10 AM

With my first pregnancy the OB I was seeing was like that. I thought it was the norm. I ended up having a bad experience with them and switched for my 2nd pregnancy and I got a lot more ultrasounds and appointments. I like this office much better. I guess I am just saying that many times it can just be how different offices do things differently.

Anitha March 19th, 2013 06:18 AM

You are almost there, just a cpl more weeks...I know the wait can suck. I had my first dating u/s at 8 weeks and then the NP finally saw me at 10 weeks. I haven't even seen my OB. She would be seing me only after 12 weeks and that appt is this Thursday. Hang in there and make sure they give you an u/s or find the hb using the doppler on your 10 week appt. :hug:

anothermother March 19th, 2013 06:20 AM

I had my screening appointment next Friday, I'll be 11 weeks. And that's not even seeing the doctor, that won't be for at least a week or two after that. I wi have my nt scan before 13 weeks though. But yes still frustrating.

OrangeHope March 19th, 2013 08:15 AM

I have had a doctors appointment yet too and I'm already 10 weeks...the insurance I have right now sucks so not many places will accept me, I'm stil trying to figure out what to do.

drewbears March 19th, 2013 08:52 AM

With my first 3, they wouldn't see me till 12 weeks. It seemed to take forever!

It would be great to have a little window to just take a peek everyday to make sure all is well.

~Momma*2011~ March 19th, 2013 08:53 AM

I hope times flies by for you.

Spyctre March 19th, 2013 09:06 AM

I didn't get seen till I was 16 weeks with my first. Every single OB in town was booked solid for weeks on end. I didn't want to go out of town so I just waited. Then I miscarried a bunch before I could be seen. I was seen for one miscarriage, blighted ovum. Then I was seen at 5 weeks for my second daughter. Not because it was my first appointment, I was just really sick.

This one was at 8 weeks.

MrsPea March 19th, 2013 10:41 AM

I am still waiting too, my first U/S is the 28th the day before my 10 weeks, so I feel your pain. That appointment is with the midwife, I don't see my OB until the last day of my first trimester, seems a bit odd since everything stresses having early prenatal care.

1fabulousfem March 19th, 2013 11:11 AM

My OB is fantastic. It's just the healthcare system here that is terrible.
He will definitely listen for the baby's heartbeat by doppler.
I am just getting antsy! LOL!

~*Nicole*~ March 19th, 2013 11:38 AM

I understand how you're feeling! My OB with my first 2 did first appts at 8 weeks but didn't check for a hb until 12 weeks and only did 1 routine u/s at 20 weeks.

Iluvmybabies* March 19th, 2013 12:00 PM

I hope it goes fats for you!!!,

Lemon March 19th, 2013 12:03 PM

:hug:

fancypants27 March 19th, 2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem (Post 27208185)
It seems like everyone but me has either seen their OB or has had their first US already.
My OB won't see me until I'm 10 weeks which is the 3rd of April and I'll have my NT scan on April 19th.
I wish there was a way for me to know that everything is okay since my two will be so closely spaced and since I have fibroids.

Im in the same boat. But im also from montreal...and we do have a shortage of ob's here...

I had the early us in when I was in florida, but no embryo or hb was seen. And I had the placental tear...so im quite antsy to get seen. I havent been able to get through to my ob for an appointment. (Stopping by his office tomorrow)

What hospital are you delivering at?

QuixoticKatie March 19th, 2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem (Post 27208185)

I'm in the same boat as you. No appt until April 2nd and I'll be 10+ weeks then. Until then it is all up in the air. I hate this feeling of wondering if everything is okay. *hugs* we'll get through it.

Lotsakids March 19th, 2013 03:53 PM

Last time I didn't have an appointment or scan until 11 1/2 weeks. This time my Dr has decided to do it a little earlier because I had a bleed.