JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT-I just got the scariest phone call ever (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2636337-ot-i-just-got-scariest-phone-call-ever.html)

jamieshalon2 March 20th, 2013 11:35 AM

OT-I just got the scariest phone call ever

I just had the ever living crap scared out of me. I got a phone call from the superintendent of the County schools out here saying that the school was on Lockdown. We come to find out that there was a man with a gun headed to the schools. He didn't say which school (we have 1 primary, 2 elementary's, a middle school and a high school all on the same property area). The police were able to detain him before he got to school property. I am still so scared that I am shaking even though I know that it is all ok now. I have one kid in the middle school, one in the elementary school and one in the primary school. From what I hear they were on lock down for about 40 minutes.

Wren March 20th, 2013 12:13 PM

Re: OT-I just got the scariest phone call ever

I'm so sorry. That is terrifying and everyone's worst nightmare now. I'm sooo happy they got him and hopefully it will turn out to be not as serious as it seemed.

WorkerBeeMama March 20th, 2013 12:14 PM

That is terrifying!

MrsPea March 20th, 2013 12:30 PM

OMG, that's terrifying! I hope your kids aren't too shaken up when they get home.

islandbaby March 20th, 2013 12:47 PM

OMG, how scary for you :( I'm glad it's all over now and they were able to catch the guy just in time!

The Purple Butterfly March 20th, 2013 12:52 PM

Oh that's awful!!!! Just one reason why we're happy we homeschool.

jamieshalon2 March 20th, 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsPea (Post 27213034)
OMG, that's terrifying! I hope your kids aren't too shaken up when they get home.

Me too. My 6th grader isn't at school today because he has a tummy virus, so he texted me from my grandma's house. We live so close to the school that we can see the parking lot lights from the school at night. I was just as scared for them as I was for my kids in school today. I am really worried about how this is going to effect my 3rd grader. He is a very sensitive person and takes everything so seriously. He has been jumpy lately anyway for some reason. The dog sneezed while we were sitting on my bed last night and Logan jumped into my arms, lol. I am hoping that my kindergartener is just too young to understand what was going on. I know I will be hugging them all extra tight tonight when I get home from work.

Anitha March 20th, 2013 01:02 PM

OMG that is so scary!! I really don't want to start the gun debate! But come on! This is going on way too much these days! Glad they got him in time and everything is okay now. :hug:

~*Nicole*~ March 20th, 2013 01:42 PM

That is scary. Was the guy actually taking a gun towards the school, like with the intention of using it or he just had a gun on his person?

Lotsakids March 20th, 2013 10:23 PM

So scary, glad to hear the kids are safe.

Irshtripletsmommy March 21st, 2013 03:18 AM

Thank God everyone is OK! My kids' school went on lockdown last year because there was a criminal trying to escape police nearby (or something to that effect) but he wasn't trying to get into the school at all. I feel there should be armed guards or at the very least bullet proof doors for the schools.

jamieshalon2 March 21st, 2013 04:07 AM

From what I hear now it was a parent that wanted to pick their kid up from school but wasn't allowed to because of a custody order. they got mad and threatened to bring a gun out there and get their kid by any means necessary. He was detained before getting to the school though.

sweety_pie March 21st, 2013 04:59 AM

Wow so scary!!

2Corinthians10:4 March 21st, 2013 05:39 AM

Oh wow, what an idiot (excuse the name calling) but from my experience if there is a custody order saying you can't pick up your kid from school there is probably a reason for it. If you have a problem with it take it up with the court, why threaten something like that when you know the emotional state of our nation over that kind of issue right now.

Dolly Lama March 21st, 2013 08:12 AM

That had to be terrifying!!! :hug: So glad the kids are okay.

I am so sick and tired of crazy people causing problems like thsi! Every time I hear of an incident of this nature, or that someone actually did something terrible in a school, I think harder and harder about homeschooling.