JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Facebook Friday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2636866-facebook-friday.html)

2Corinthians10:4 March 22nd, 2013 03:15 AM

Facebook Friday

It's been awhile since we've asked this....so have you announced the news on facebook yet? If not when do you plan to do it?

sweety_pie March 22nd, 2013 03:54 AM

Re: Facebook Friday

Haven't announced on FB or to anyone yet. lol Don't plan on announcing to FB at all I don't think. But I will soon have to tell other people, its getting noticeable.

jamieshalon2 March 22nd, 2013 04:40 AM

I haven't, and I doubt I will. I really only use FB to get onto a couple groups that I am a member of. Otherwise I rarely check it or post much.

Lemon March 22nd, 2013 04:49 AM

I think after my next apt/at 12 weeks.

WhitneysMommy2011 March 22nd, 2013 04:56 AM

I haven't yet. We haven't decided when we will announce on facebook, or to anyone for that matter. I have another ultrasound today, so maybe after that.

Loni March 22nd, 2013 05:15 AM

We haven't even told our kids yet. We need to tell them before we tell FB. The Easter bunny is bringing a basket of baby stuff for a newborn and that's how we plan on telling our kids.

paytonsmom0818 March 22nd, 2013 05:20 AM

We haven't announced on FB yet, but will after my next appointment on the 8th, since I will be passed 12 weeks then. :D

2Corinthians10:4 March 22nd, 2013 05:43 AM

Loni that's an adorable idea! We told it to FB right after my 8 week appointment. But that's because we knew if we didn't do it then someone in our family would blab and we wanted to be the ones to share the news.

smsturner March 22nd, 2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loni (Post 27218985)
We haven't even told our kids yet. We need to tell them before we tell FB. The Easter bunny is bringing a basket of baby stuff for a newborn and that's how we plan on telling our kids.

Oh my goodness!! That is sooooo sweet! What an excellent idea :) I hope they are thrilled.

We have been waiting for today's ultrasound. If it's good we will put it out there sometime soon. If it's not good, then at least we will know, and won't have to explain to a million people why I don't have a baby in October.

Allisonjuly March 22nd, 2013 06:04 AM

I deactivated my FB account last month. It was making my depression worse seeing everyone so happy and local friends doing stuff I was too sick to do.

I'm telling people now...I had to because people were starting to question my disappearance.

Irshtripletsmommy March 22nd, 2013 07:40 AM

I won't make a formal announcement, may not even mention it at all.

Valley83 March 22nd, 2013 08:33 AM

I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday so I will do it after that. We'll tell our girls the too.

karmaissotrue March 22nd, 2013 09:32 AM

I haven't yet, I'll probably wait until after we know the sex to do a general FB announcement. I finally decided to tell my mother come Easter, I'm so nervous, when I mentioned we were thinking about TTC she flipped out so I don't know how she'll take the news.

~Momma*2011~ March 22nd, 2013 11:35 AM

We have not mentioned it to all of 5 people. We're telling our families on Easter and the FB announcment will be on 4/9 (DH's birthday, his idea) and that will be after our 12 week appt on 4/5

Rosiegirl7 March 22nd, 2013 12:15 PM

As mentioned before, I kinda want to announce on FB on April Fools so see pople's reactions. I don't have another appointment until April 9th so I'm debating on if I should wait for that but I will be past 13 weeks by then so hopefully in the clear.

~*Nicole*~ March 22nd, 2013 12:54 PM

I haven't even told anyone in my family yet so it will have to wait until then! I'm not in a hurry because I don't expect too many people to be overly thrilled. Most of our friends and family think we're crazy for wanting a bigger family.

*Lana* March 22nd, 2013 01:16 PM

Yes, did the video with my daughter. Not too many noticed it, which I half expected. :)
We announced it because we told our daughter, so then it was public knowledge...I think she was most excited to talk her friends!

Iluvmybabies* March 22nd, 2013 01:52 PM

I announced weeks ago lol

slmehaffey March 22nd, 2013 02:08 PM

Facebook announced for me... so the cats been out of the bag since like the day after I tested....stupid photobucket!
Oh well.

JessMac March 22nd, 2013 02:32 PM

No don't plan to until I move house