JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Family Planning after baby? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2637288-family-planning-after-baby.html)

anothermother March 23rd, 2013 07:38 PM

Family Planning after baby?

What's your plan?

WTTC? TTC? NTNP? Done?

I think we will be done. It was always the plan to be done after 3. After our loss, I don't think I could go through the stress I've been through this time around not knowing if this baby is gonna make it or not. I really had no clue it was going to be this tough. We won't do anything permanent until we hit 30 though, I think.

Valley83 March 23rd, 2013 08:13 PM

Re: Family Planning after baby?

All done after this one. I always wanted three. My husband originally only wanted two but we discussed it over and decided on three. I will be having a repeat c-section this time so my doctor offered to tie my tubes while he is in there. We have time to think about it though.

Lotsakids March 23rd, 2013 08:22 PM

I am done. I've thought that with the last 2, but I really do think that this will be it for us.

And whilst lying in bed the other night it also dawned on me that I have this SCH. It wasn't picked up until the scan I had at 8 weeks. I am also RH-, & wasn't given a shot, because the first lot of bleeding I had was right around when my period was due & I thought that we were 'out'.
That said if there is blood constantly there, then I could become sensitized if this baby is RH+.
I know that developing the sensitivity in this pregnancy should not pose a threat to the current baby, but if I was to ever fall pregnant with another RH+ baby, then it could seriously effect them.
That would be enough for me to be 'out' permanently. And in that case Dh will be booked straight in for the snip.

Spyctre March 23rd, 2013 08:37 PM

Done and hoping for a partial hysterectomy. I get pregnant so easily. I need something that is 100% effective.

*Lana* March 23rd, 2013 10:10 PM

I'm thinking of a tubal. I will be 33 when I deliver. I would be 35-37 before I was ready again and DH is already 40. I wanted 2-3. We both have infertility issues, but I can't trust that to keep us from TTC, and I don't want to be on BCP forever.

OrangeHope March 23rd, 2013 10:30 PM

Hmmmm....not too sure, I think we will be on the terms of NTNP.

QuixoticKatie March 23rd, 2013 10:57 PM

I'm not a fan of the idea of permanently removing options off the table, but really, after this one we are considering it. 3 is more than enough. Now the only question will be, do I get a tubal, or does DH get the snip? Not sure yet.

Kelsie March 23rd, 2013 11:02 PM

Who knows! Initially the agreement was that this was the last and I was to get my tubes tied. But then the hubby started talking about the "next one." :shrugs: He also said that since he refuses to get "fixed," he won't make me. However, I'm feeling extremely DONE.

sweety_pie March 24th, 2013 03:45 AM

We will be DONE, I would like DH to get the snip. He wants too, but is a SOOK!! So hopefully I can get him on board for that.

WhitneysMommy2011 March 24th, 2013 04:54 AM

We are done, but I don't want to do anything permanent.

Lemon March 24th, 2013 05:04 AM

This is probably our last. When we make our final decision, DH will get the snip.

2Corinthians10:4 March 24th, 2013 05:12 AM

If you ask me we will be WTTC, but Dh says we are done and he is getting the big V after this baby is born...

MarchMom2007 March 24th, 2013 06:15 AM

If this one turns out fine, we will be done. I will be rapidly approaching 40 when this one is born and that just feels a bit too old to me to be having more. I know some mamas have more well into their 40's, but two is plenty for us and we want to travel with the kids when they are older, so this is it.

soul_donut March 24th, 2013 06:42 AM

Mirena!

jennyrae03 March 24th, 2013 06:46 AM

I'll be back on BC until we are ready for a 2nd. Probably for at least 2 years.

Allisonjuly March 24th, 2013 07:03 AM

Dh = V

If I lose this baby he is still getting it. I'm too old to go through the worry and this sickness again.

Irshtripletsmommy March 24th, 2013 08:05 AM

We are done. SO said he will get a V but he doesn't have health insurance so I told him I don't understand how we can afford that. So far I don't need a c-section (fingers crossed) so I guess I would have to make a separate appt after the baby is born to have it done, and recovering from that would be a pain right after having having a baby. But I really don't want to be on hormonal bcandthe Mirena freaks me out, so I will have to think about it.

FishermansWife4 March 24th, 2013 09:34 AM

I'll be getting a tubal. Since I'm a c-section mom, it'll be done at the same time.

BelloFiglioLA March 24th, 2013 10:07 AM

DH is sure he only wants 2. I wasn't sure until I experienced how horrible this 1st trimester has been. I can't imagine doing this again but I know how baby fever works haha. We agreed not to do anything permanent for awhile. I will be getting another Mirena after this baby. We are still in our 20s so who knows what the future holds?

Iluvmybabies* March 24th, 2013 10:12 AM

We will NTNP until baby is 5mo the we will start TTC :D